Finished a Polymer80 build

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I just finished my first attempt at a Polymer80 Glock frame. There's a little bit of a learning curve to get it right. Luckily there's a wealth of info online aka learning from the mistakes of others. I haven't test fired it yet, but I've got the slide and trigger smoothed out nicely. On this first go I'm using it as a replacement frame for a Vickers G19, which made it a relatively simple parts swapping operation. I need to replace the slide and mag releases, but aside from that it's ready to run.

tapatalk_1515775256989.jpeg

20180117_220554.jpg

Reactions: Rwjeter and scand

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Nice! I'll be looking forward to a range report.

I've been very tempted to build one of these just to do it. I haven't yet because of the price. I've done 80% AR lowers, just for the hell of it, but the Glock 80%'s are just too expensive once I figure in what the other parts cost.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
Nice! I'll be looking forward to a range report.

I've been very tempted to build one of these just to do it. I haven't yet because of the price. I've done 80% AR lowers, just for the hell of it, but the Glock 80%'s are just too expensive once I figure in what the other parts cost.
A built from scratch gray gun is certainly too expensive. I like it as a replacement for a Gen 2 or 3 frame as it provides better ergonomics. In this case I picked up a pair of the compact frame kits for a reduced price from someone who decided not to use them.

Last edited:

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
A built from scratch gray gun is certainly too expensive. I like it as a replacement for a Gen 2 or 3 frame as it provides better ergonomics. In this case I picked up a pair the compact frame kits for a reduced price from someone who decided not to use them.

I can definitely agree with that- I was looking at it as a build from scratch vs. the cost of a LEO trade in Glock... it's hard to justify that cost comparison. I could see having one as a spare frame for another gun. I also wouldn't mind grinding/melting the replacement frame to fit my hand. I don't really want to mod a factory frame, just because it's either mine forever or could only be sold for a very reduced price.

Reactions: Kobayashi
H

Hoss

So, you going to bring it down to the house on Sunday and test fire it?

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I built one about 9 months ago. Have a couple thousand rounds through it through classes. The locking block broke around the 1100 round mark. They replaced it and I haven’t had any issues since then.

Reactions: Rwjeter
H

Hoss

I built one about 9 months ago. Have a couple thousand rounds through it through classes. The locking block broke around the 1100 round mark. They replaced it and I haven’t had any issues since then.
What do you think caused the locking block to fail?

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I would like to build one as well. I wish like hell they would do a subcompact though. And a Gen 4 mag release.