Finally got back to the range

Howard Law

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
April-May has been a drought of range time for me - too many things going on.

Took the XD9sc, 1911, LCP and 22/45 out today and guess what - shooting is a lot of fun! I remember now...

The range had quite a bit of ammo at a little over pre-panic prices, but not terrible. 9mm was $15/50, .22 LR was $23/500 (Remington, though), .45 ACP was $20/50, .223 was $10/20.

Maybe I'll unlimber the revolvers next week.

M

mukwah

Thanks for the report! I'm hoping to get out to the range tomorrow with my grandson.

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Hey Redmond..those ammo prices arn't bad at all!. I went today also. Met my son Steven there, and it was a great hour and a half of fun. We put 50 through the SR1911, and I have totally fallen in love with this pistol. It gives me 3" groups at 15 yards. Also shot the 243 ...and it gives me 2" groups at 100 yards. I'm not use to this kind of accuracy (using pistols more)...so it is kind of fun. The LC9 was dead on on return from Ruger for the FREE internal redo. Actually it has never shot this well. Still enjoyin the LCR .38. Put thirty rounds of reloads DR . Good loads. Fun Day. Glad you woke up your joy- of- shooting DNA bud!

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Glad to hear you had a good time. I wish we had ammo prices like that, we do not even have ammo.

I

iacountryboy

davevabch said:
Glad to hear you had a good time. I wish we had ammo prices like that, we do not even have ammo.

Wish I could find ANY ammo! Besides shotgun ammo, no shortage of that.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Trigger_1 said:
Wowww......Glad you all had fun..... 8)

I had to clean my carpets today.... :'(
+1 to all having fun. I, like Trigger, was busy...me cleaning my garage...took all afternoon! Those prices aren't bad at all, considering the times! Glad you got rid of the cob webs! Yogi 8)

R

rayzer007

Well I got out today and ran some different ammo through my S&W 37 snub (Airweight). My buddy has a range in his back yard. The 158 gr +P LSWCHP was a bit too much. Hornady 110 gr was pleasant, Gold Dot 135 gr +P SB was very acceptable (will continue to carry that). Tried my friend's LC9 and XDs, both nice weapons. Ran some 20 ga. birdshot loads (#9, #4) through my new Mossberg 5085. My wife tried the shotgun for the first time ever, and was a little unnerved by the experience. She said she didn't know if she could shoot someone with that much power, and didn't want to continue any more firing. The loads left a pretty big hole at 15 feet, and blew off some tree branches. I must admit I was rather impressed also. :eek:

Ray

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
rayzer007 said:
Gold Dot 135 gr +P SB was very acceptable (will continue to carry that).
Ray
Excellent choice Ray...Excellent choice! My wife carries either this round or the Federal NYCLAD 125 gr HP's. Both very effective, with lighter recoil. I love your choice for SD Carry buddy! Yogi 8)

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Took my grandsons Nik, and Jake yesterday. They had a blast. (sorry). We used the LCR..then the SR40C...the SR1911 (They LOVED that one) And then we put 20 rounds through the American 243. They were great with the range rules. and didn't even cry too much when i let the young couple next to us use the .45 before they got to. They are 16, and 17...so they don't cry a lot any more. The young man saw the 1911...and said" wow...I just held one of those at the LGS yesterday!") I said "well..wanna shoot one...?" He bout died. I let he ,and his girl friend put 4 downrange each... That was fun to watch their faces.. Good day. Man...we gotta get more ammo out there. I'm getting a little worried about how the situation just seems to get worse...;/

M

mukwah

Great range report Craig! Nothing like fun, fellowship and grandkids to make a range trip enjoyable!

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.