FFL Nightmare

GA Firing Line

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
So I bought a ar-15 online and had to get it shipped to a local FFL dealer. The cheapest and first FFL in my area came up on the search so I selected them and emailed then and they said no problem. Well Its on the truck for deliver today and I try to call, no answer, called again, no answer. So I e-mailed them to find out they are in another part of the state prepping for an auction. So now my ar-15 hangs in the balance of getting it today or sometime next week. I didnt see any notices on their site that they were closed today or would be out of town. I didnt have the choice of delivery date so. Now I am unsure of what is going to happen. UPS is going to try and deliver it and no one will be there so re deliver is a must but then the FFL is not in town until next week.

What a waste.......... never shipping to them again.

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
Luckily let me update.

So the day of the delivery, the gunsmith was there and signed for it. The owner personally called me and talked to me about the mis fortune, on top of that he asked when I could come by and get it when he got back to town. I said Friday afternoon after 5 would be good he said that would be good because they would be back in town later friday anyways. He also said he wold stay and be open until I came by and got it. So I was able to get the gun late yesterday and am happy that everything worked out.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Sounds like a triple P. Good communication by both parties can help alleviate most problems. Most/many FFL's are individuals and not store fronts. I would have discussed those details before using any FFL. Luckily I don't have that problem, as I am the FFL.

Reactions: 2 people

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
Ya It all worked out but it was a moment of stress there for a second. But like I said the owner fixed me up good.