Factory Flat Dark Earth Cerakote Glock 19 (Lipseys)

American Revival Apparel Company

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
I've been meaning to make this post but have been busy. Tomorrow I am planning on going to the range so I figured I would go ahead and start it off now, so I am reminded to finish it.

I am VERY disappointed with the finish on the slide. I have reached the 6 months mark of owning this Glock 19, and it is my carry pistol. I use a quality Kydex IWB holster 80% of the time, and the rest of the time it is sitting in a Leather OWB holster. I bought the Glock so I could abuse it and not feel bad about it getting scratched up. I've just never seen a finish wear so quickly.

On the very tip of the slide you can already see bare metal.. also, the back of the slide is the same way. There are scuffs along the side of the slide as well. The pistol looks like it has 3000+ rounds through it and is 3 years old. My USP 45 has been around since 1998 and it's finish looks beautiful compared to the Glock. I am very tempted to contact Glock to see if they can blue it for me.

I'll add photos after the range tomorrow. I'm curious if I shoot another 100 rounds through it, if it'll look worse.

H

Hoss

I say let it wear. It'll look pretty badass in a few years. I'm not going to go around driving in nails or building shit with my carry gun but I don't care if the finish wears. Now rust.... that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Glock will be happy to refinish it for you. If memory serves me correctly they charge 45 dollars to redo a slide. Of course, they only do them in Black. If I remember correctly, the FDE Cerakote or Duracoat (which is what it looks like) is something done aftermarket by Lipsy's, not Glock.