EVO optic

Howard Law

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
They are super solid. If you're only doing up close work it'd be fine. If you'd like to shoot further, I have a recommendation.

I have an Eotech Xps 2-2 on mine because I hunt and plink at slightly extended ranges. Through a lot of trial and error, this is the data I've collected for it's reticle with the Evo and 147gr fodder. I zeroed the top dot for 25-75 yards. At 100 the space between the top and bottom dot is a perfect hold, the bottom dot is good for 150, and the bottom of the large circle is spot on at 200. I doubt they calibrated it this way, it was just a fortunate coincidence.

I had quite a lot of fun collecting this data, lol.

It's minute of coyote out to 200 yards and that's as far as I'll shoot.

OakNEBRASKA_DEC2017-9184.jpg

Reactions: Gunsite Grad

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Interesting data @Laufen. I dont get to shoot farther than 100 hardly ever, but I did recently find out a 20y zero on my apc9 is POA/POI at 100 too. I have no real need to shoot 9mm much farther then that, but id be curious to see what the hold overs would be.

Reactions: Laufen

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
They are super solid. If you're only doing up close work it'd be fine. If you'd like to shoot further, I have a recommendation.

I have an Eotech Xps 2-2 on mine because I hunt and plink at slightly extended ranges. Through a lot of trial and error, this is the data I've collected for it's reticle with the Evo and 147gr fodder. I zeroed the top dot for 25-75 yards. At 100 the space between the top and bottom dot is a perfect hold, the bottom dot is good for 150, and the bottom of the large circle is spot on at 200. I doubt they calibrated it this way, it was just a fortunate coincidence.

I had quite a lot of fun collecting this data, lol.

It's minute of coyote out to 200 yards and that's as far as I'll shoot.

View attachment 34974
Sooo...when are you taking me shooting on your property? :)

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Can we pick on you for the combination of multicam and mossy oak? That's a tacticool no-no.
Ha, yeah. I don't wear matching camo very often. Out there, multicam works great though.

Sorry for the thread derail @Gunsite Grad, back to your regularly scheduled program.

For me, the main thing is type of battery, and type of retical. The Eotech has the best retical for the type of shooting I do, a singular dot is simple and fast for sure, but doesn't offer everything I need. If I were in your situation, it may.

Reactions: ReservoirDawg10

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
Ha, yeah. I don't wear matching camo very often. Out there, multicam works great though.

Sorry for the thread derail @Gunsite Grad, back to your regularly scheduled program.

For me, the main thing is type of battery, and type of retical. The Eotech has the best retical for the type of shooting I do, a singular dot is simple and fast for sure, but doesn't offer everything I need. If I were in your situation, it may.

No need to apologize. I often learn a lot more in the side conversations than I would have thought to ask.