Educated a friend on his hatred of Glock

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Oh I'm sure it does. I never doubted that. But I can't even think of a logical reason from that standpoint. Of course that's because there is no logic behind it, I know.
It just makes it more of a conscious effort to pull the trigger. Between cops with little gun experience, and politicians that don't like guns in the first place...voila....the NY trigger.
Those cops that came into the gun shop didn't know shit about their guns. Half couldn't even tell you what caliber they were shooting.

Here's a fine example:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justice/new-york-empire-state-shooting/

Reactions: Strider12

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
A cop asked me for some target ammo, and when I asked him which caliber he wanted he used his pinkie finger as an illustration of the cartridge his gun was chambered for. Damn. I told him I'd look for a box of fingers and get him on his way, lol.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
It just makes it more of a conscious effort to pull the trigger. Between cops with little gun experience, and politicians that don't like guns in the first place...voila....the NY trigger.
Those cops that came into the gun shop didn't know shit about their guns. Half couldn't even tell you what caliber they were shooting.

Here's a fine example:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justice/new-york-empire-state-shooting/

A year or two ago I stopped to talk to a Macon PD officer who was standing outside of a convenience store. At the time, I was interested in what kind of ammo they were issued (brand- I wanted to carry the same thing).

I talked to the guy a minute and then got around to asking him about the brand of ammo- He said he was issued .45 ammo. I was like- Ok, you don't remember what kind... he pulled a spare mag out of his belt and looked at the rim of the case. Then showed me. It was .45 GAP with no manufacturer's marks on the brass. And he said something like "looks like it's GAP ammo". So I was like "Yep- that's what it looks like. Have a good one-"

Reactions: Laufen and Rwjeter

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
A cop asked me for some target ammo, and when I asked him which caliber he wanted he used his pinkie finger as an illustration of the cartridge his gun was chambered for. Damn. I told him I'd look for a box of fingers and get him on his way, lol.
Dude there are 40,000 cops in NYC and 2 ranges. How much practice do you think they get? A friend just retired on 20 years up there and said he was lucky to get to the range once a year to requalify.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
A year or two ago I stopped to talk to a Macon PD officer who was standing outside of a convenience store. At the time, I was interested in what kind of ammo they were issued (brand- I wanted to carry the same thing).

I talked to the guy a minute and then got around to asking him about the brand of ammo- He said he was issued .45 ammo. I was like- Ok, you don't remember what kind... he pulled a spare mag out of his belt and looked at the rim of the case. Then showed me. It was .45 GAP with no manufacturer's marks on the brass. And he said something like "looks like it's GAP ammo". So I was like "Yep- that's what it looks like. Have a good one-"
Oh man, I have a million stories about New Jersey cops....some day over a bottle of bourbon.......

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Dude there are 40,000 cops in NYC and 2 ranges. How much practice do you think they get? A friend just retired on 20 years up there and said he was lucky to get to the range once a year to requalify.
Yeah, I agree. And the fact that almost none of them grew up shooting in the first place. It'd be like trying to field a team of competitive eaters in the middle of Ethiopia.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Oh man, I have a million stories about New Jersey cops....some day over a bottle of bourbon.......
I'm down. Angel's Envy good with you? You're the picky one. :D Lol

Reactions: Laufen
H

Hoss

The NY2 trigger is even worse at 12lbs. Many officers are forced time deal with that one on a daily basis.

7aa1c57dd4c1b25979ce5653c4d539b9.jpg

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Kinda. I used to interact with those guys, and NJ cops daily. On average about 1 in 100 had any firearms experience whatsoever before joining the police force. They were the least safe as far as gun handling of any type of customer that walked through the door...except for maybe some drugged up guy looking to sell guns to get dope. They even gave those assholes a run for their money.

Also the fault of the city government and politicians.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
If they cared about their officers being proficient and accurate with their side arms they would do something about it rather than make their guns less safe.
I have 4 people that I talk to weekly and see often that are active or retired NYPD. They are the most difficult to talk to about anything even slightly libertarian oriented. Their livelihood, and the livelihood of most of their families is dependent on stealing money from the taxpayer. In their eyes we deserve to have that money stolen because they protect us.

I met with about 20 guys I went to HS with last month. All but one worked for city, county or state government.

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
I have 4 people that I talk to weekly and see often that are active or retired NYPD. They are the most difficult to talk to about anything even slightly libertarian oriented. Their livelihood, and the livelihood of most of their families is dependent on stealing money from the taxpayer. In their eyes we deserve to have that money stolen because they protect us.

I met with about 20 guys I went to HS with last month. All but one worked for city, county or state government.

I have a friend that claims to be conservative but her entire family are government employees