Double Taps are BS

GA Firing Line

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
screw a double tap, I'd be putting at least 4-5 in him.
I agree with the sentiment but I don't know that it effectively does anymore than a double tap. The idea behind the Failure Drill is that if a double tap doesn't stop the threat, it is assumed that no amount of further hits to center mass will so the next logical step up the power curve is the central nervous system; ie, the head.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I agree with the sentiment but I don't know that it effectively does anymore than a double tap. The idea behind the Failure Drill is that if a double tap doesn't stop the threat, it is assumed that no amount of further hits to center mass will so the next logical step up the power curve is the central nervous system; ie, the head.
But only after you've shot his dick off. The dick shot is very underrated in the firearms training community.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
I'm saying "sometimes." As a default, no. In a specific application where a threat has refused to stop advancing and lethal force is advised, yes.

That's strange to me. I was taught if you're going to use lethal force, two is better than one. Obviously not in all situations but by default for a single threat it's DT, reassess, DT or headshot, reassess.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Two center mass, one in the dick, one in the head. I think I'll call it a Hozambique drill. Maybe copyright it, or patent it or whatever shit keeps you sumbitches from profiting off my ideas.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Two center mass, one in the dick, one in the head. I think I'll call it a Hozambique drill. Maybe copyright it, or patent it or whatever shit keeps you sumbitches from profiting off my ideas.
Call it the Banique Drill.

Profit.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
That's strange to me. I was taught if you're going to use lethal force, two is better than one. Obviously not in all situations but by default for a single threat it's DT, reassess, DT or headshot, reassess.
Agreed, two is better than one. But in a situation where I have (or can create) space and the threat is not advancing, I'm going with controlled pairs over a double tap.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It's Monday so nothing makes sense to me. WHat is this talk of double taps in the same hole? Are you saying when you do double taps, your follow up shot hits the same spot as your first? What is a COM?
No I'm not. I'm saying that taking a split second longer improves accuracy immensely. COM = Center of Mass

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
You could even develope some gimmick ammo, think of the possibilities

T-Roy

Hunter
Jun 24, 2015
Practice shooting as fast as you can accurately, over time you learn when the front sight will fall back across the target and will be firing as it happens. Eventually you'll be uber fast and still very accurate. I used to have a few pistols I could do it with, before I traded so damn much that I don't have a gun I'm that familiar with.

But double tapping as fast as possible without regard for accuracy,stupid.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Practice shooting as fast as you can accurately, over time you learn when the front sight will fall back across the target and will be firing as it happens. Eventually you'll be uber fast and still very accurate. I used to have a few pistols I could do it with, before I traded so damn much that I don't have a gun I'm that familiar with.

But double tapping as fast as possible without regard for accuracy,stupid.

This is one of the things that made me fall in love with the 1911. I had never experienced a gun where my follow up shots that just fell back on the previous ones with such ease.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Now I have to come up with another name for my new line of ammo. Thanks a lot, dick.
image.gif

T-Roy

Hunter
Jun 24, 2015
This is one of the things that made me fall in love with the 1911. I had never experienced a gun where my follow up shots that just fell back on the previous ones with such ease.
Yep, thats the one I'm thinking of. I used to have a big heavy fucking steel frame p14 that I could unload as fast as possible @ 7 yards and have a hole smaller than my fist when done.