Documentation for NFA items

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Would a copy suffice, or should it be the original?
a color copy will suffice most if not all officers who decide to look into it. I now just keep digital copies on the phone.

I've had 3-4 encounters with LEOs and in almost every situation they asked if I had the stamps and when I said yes they either visually confirmed I was holding something(but never took them or even looked at the text), told me to put it away because the didn't want to read them, or they didn't even know what an NFA item was or how to check for their legality.

Reactions: Cobalt 60

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
a color copy will suffice most if not all officers who decide to look into it. I now just keep digital copies on the phone.

I've had 3-4 encounters with LEOs and in literally every situation they asked if I had the stamps and when I said yes they either visually confirmed I was holding something(but never took them or even looked at the text), told me to put it away because the didn't want to read them, or they didn't even know what an NFA item was or how to check for their legality.
This doesn't surprise me in the least.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Of course the NFA item in question has to be legal in the state you are taking it to. Stamp or not!

Reactions: Cobalt 60