Do You Use A Laser On Your Handgun

GA Firing Line

StateFarmJake

Hunter
Jan 30, 2016
Hey I'm just wondering how many of us use lasers on our hand guns here? I recently picked up my first crimson trace and i'm still on the fence about it. Put about 30 rounds down range today with it on and it is taking some getting used to. But i recently read an article about the benefits of lasers on your defensive carry weapons and it seemed to outweigh the negatives.

Does anyone else use a laser on their handguns and if so which one?

Im currently using the Laser Sight for Sig Sauer P238

Ohiobellboy

Frontiersman
Feb 1, 2016
I see people using them at the range and they're dancing all over the place. I've never used one myself.

DR_Satan

Scout
Jan 30, 2016
Im not a fan of them on a Handgun, But i really like the one I have on my AR pistol thats dialed in at 25 yards.

D

David

Tried a crimson trace a long long time ago on a ruger LCP I believe it was on or something. Anyway I didn't care for it much, but it looks like they've come a long way since then so it maybe worth investigating again sometime down the road.

SteveH

Scout
Feb 3, 2016
Used a Crimson Trace Laserguard on an LC9. It was OK. I think it would be great for my wife who doesn't get much practice at the range.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
They have their upsides. While increasing the percieved motion the the gun, they are by far the most effective when you are forced to shoot from an unconventional position or potentially injured and cannot obtain a good sight picture. Friend, pilice officer, and instructor Greg Ellifritz did a great study a few years back on the different lasers on guns during a shooting and which ones were actually activated. He may still have it somewhere on his website at www.activeresponsetraining.com

Last edited by a moderator: