Do you still carry in posted no carry zones in Ohio

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Kasper

Scout
Dec 13, 2016
Maybe a crazy question but how many of us still carry in areas where there is a no carry sign posted propery? Lately i've seen a few small businesses with what appears to be a window sticker banning guns, but they aren't the proper ones that are required so i just carry in them anyway.

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
Nope, but I also won't frequent those places either. Chances are good there is someone else out there with whatever I was going to the store looking for to begin with.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Maybe a crazy question but how many of us still carry in areas where there is a no carry sign posted propery? Lately i've seen a few small businesses with what appears to be a window sticker banning guns, but they aren't the proper ones that are required so i just carry in them anyway.

There is actually no "required" sign format in Ohio.  The AG booklet, which pulls from the ORC, states " At minimum, signs must be conspicuous and inform people that firearms and/or concealed handguns are prohibited".  It does provide suggestions on posted signage, but in the end there is no required format.

Dec 17, 2016
Malls will sometimes post a "code of conduct" at main entrances that you have to read and the no guns rule is usually buried in the bottom.  The ones near me don't post signage at doors.  Knowing this, I'll park at a store parking lot where there isn't even a "code of conduct" and carry away.

If the signage is properly displayed and conspicuous, then that establishment has decided that they don't want my money.  Until we get Ohio to remove the force of law behind those signs, it's not worth it.  Indiana was good about that, the store could ask you to leave if they saw you carrying and if you refused they could charge you with trespassing but the .gov did not back the no gun signs with any legal repercussions.