• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hawkeye

Hunter
Feb 8, 2016
Just wondering how many people shoot whatever ammo they can find in their guns? I've never had an issue with steel cased ammo myself and im wondering if anyone else out there has similar experience or if steel cased ammo has given them problems.

Steel cased ammo seems to be so much cheaper over brass for some reason, not real sure why, but that doesn't matter. the only thing I use it for is putting rounds down the range!

D

David

I haven't shot any out of my handgun but out of my AR's I shoot it all the time. There was a good article somewhere about the drawbacks of the cheap steel cased ammo, but over the course of 10,000 rounds how it was still cheaper to shoot and replace a few smaller parts over the cost of shooting 10,000 rounds of brass.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
I've never put it through any of my handguns but use it all the time through my AK

BigMikey

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
I use it in my AR's nonstop. Its about all I shoot since I can get it for around $.20 a round. I can shoot for days, unfortunately I ran out, but fortunately I won the 200 rounds of ammo contest and got a little suprise in the mail today :D

JustinS

Customized Title
Jan 31, 2016
Never shot any steel cased myself, hear a lot of bad things about the stuff and don't have the time or energy to research it.

sparsell

Scout
Feb 8, 2016
i have through my highpoint it shoots fine just a little dirty is all wont shoot through my tarus though

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
[QUOTE="Big Mike]I use it in my AR's nonstop. Its about all I shoot since I can get it for around $.20 a round. I can shoot for days, unfortunately I ran out, but fortunately I won the 200 rounds of ammo contest and got a little suprise in the mail today :D

[/QUOTE]
Surprises are always nice to get :)

Feb 9, 2016
I run brass in everything except my AK. I just figure i put all the time and money into aquiring them, i dont want to take the chance with steel cased.

Mar 14, 2016
not in my guns, it will eventually tear up the extractor and ruin the chamber. I will shoot brass cased ammo only. for those with ak's and sks's and mosins do as you please, I don't think highly of those anyway. not trying to flame anyone but I like accuracy better than cheap.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I'm with David, I don't use steel in my handguns (I reload so it just doesn't make sense) but I have shot a ton of Wolf and Tula .223 and 7.62x39 without issues. I prefer Tula over the Wold myself.

Abraxialflame

Hunter
Feb 3, 2016
I've got all kinds of surplus garbage ammo for my WASR, and it doesn't seem to care at all. Its like an ammo garbage disposal, one of the things that make it so lovable. Its like the ugly car that will drive forever. Ugly reliability has its own sort of beauty haha