Do i need to get a tax stamp for every nfa item i want?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Steve22

Hunter
Feb 16, 2016
I want to build a SBR and put a silencer on it. Do I need to obtain a tax stamp for both the SBR and the silencer or will one work for both?

Also what if I want to increase my collection later, would I need to get more tax stamps for the items?

Also, is it possible to build a full auto weapon? Or are those explicitly outlawed.

thanks for the help

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
The stamp is for the specific NFA item you registered it for. You need a stamp for each individual NFA item.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
If you purchased a integrally suppressed SBR like the Daniel Defense V7 (I think) SBR in 300BLK you only need 1 stamp. If you can separate them, it's 2 stamps as T.L. Jones said.

Also, it is illegal to manufacture a machine gun after 1986 with the exception of dealer samples (I'm no expert on MG's so jump in if I'm wrong). You can fill out the appropriate paperwork and buy a pre-86 select fire weapon or registered sear, but you will pay out the nose for it.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Chris, you are right. I completely overlooked that question in the original post. You cannot legally build a "machine gun" anymore. Any fully automatic weapons in private hands are pre-86. And like you said, cost an arm and a leg.

D

David

[QUOTE="T.L.Jones]Chris, you are right. I completely overlooked that question in the original post. You cannot legally build a "machine gun" anymore. Any fully automatic weapons in private hands are pre-86. And like you said, cost an arm and a leg.

[/QUOTE]
Last one I saw for sale was I believe an old MP5 and the guy wanted over 20k for it. Not sure if it was worth that much or not, but those are the types of prices I believe most are going to go for these days.

ElDub1950

Scout
May 27, 2017
The stamp is for the specific NFA item you registered it for. You need a stamp for each individual NFA item.

Question .. If I get a tax stamp for a suppressor, is that tax stamp for the suppressor on a specific gun? Or is it for the suppressor and I can use the suppressor on any gun? (that it fits of course)

I'm new to being able to even think about it.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
The tax stamp would be specific to the suppressor.  They run on serial number.  You could put it on whatever gun you wanted.  I have a SilencerCo Specwar 556K with the quick attach mounting system on 3 of my AR's so I can swap between them when necessary. 1 suppressor = 1 tax stamp.