DIY Bullet trap

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
But you posted a thread about building one. Were you originally going to glue it?

Some of us build because we enjoy it, doesn't mean it always saves us money. I'm sure there's people cranking these out and selling them for less than what it would cost to gather up the materials and supplies, unless you have access to free scrap steel somewhere

I guess you haven't used JB weld before? j/k.

Yes I want to build one but I was thinking of using a medium to slow and trap the bullet.

Okuma Steve

Lawnboy
Trusted Trader
Sep 15, 2014
If youre trying to demonstrate silencers it won't do you any good. The impact on the metal sounds like a gunshot. Thats why we have all those blocks of books and magazines to shoot at the shop. They make a little "whack" instead of a loud "clank".

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
If youre trying to demonstrate silencers it won't do you any good. The impact on the metal sounds like a gunshot. Thats why we have all those blocks of books and magazines to shoot at the shop. They make a little "whack" instead of a loud "clank".

That's why I was thinking a metal tube of clay. I've been shooting into my lawn.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Ideally I don't want to hear the impact of the bullet and the steel. That's why I was thinking of filling a tube layered with sand and clay. I wonder if you can make one that muffles the impact.
I would think that would be manageable. Should be fairly easy to do some type baffles to help suppress it some.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
That's why I was thinking a metal tube of clay. I've been shooting into my lawn.
If you can do that, then a dirt mound would really probably be your best bet. If you don't like the way it that will look in your future YouTube videos, you could always build an old west storefront in front of it or something. I'll even donate a life size cutout of myself wearing my cowboy hat and assless chaps drawing my six shooter.

Reactions: DoglegArms