Dieseling an Air Rifle

GA Firing Line

Sheps

Woodsman
Jun 24, 2015
www.youtube.com
Zip code
en5 1ae
So there's this trick. You take a springer air rifle and some oil. WD40, whatever you got laying around. Fill the skirt of the pellet with a little, a drop, less, the trick is to keep it consistent.

Anywho. When you fire the gun the compression ignites the oil, just like in a diesel engine. You gets combustion. Combustion in a confined space, with one exit point, with rifling along the way. You gets a firearm.

Now it's still only a few grain projectile and you get maybe an extra hundred fps (never had a chrono out while I was a kid mucking around in the woods). But it's pretty dang cool. Can get the pellets super sonic. Like I said, the trick is consistency with the amount of oil, or you'll affect the accuracy too much.

Your gun ain't rated for this. Big boy rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laufen

Sheps

Woodsman
Jun 24, 2015
www.youtube.com
Zip code
en5 1ae
Oh hell i got to try this.

How loud is it?
Gives you a decent crack but we never had any ear pro. You can work up sort of like "loads" for reloading ya know.

It's probably not neighbourhood friendly. Not the sort of thing you wonna do to get the sparrows out your bedroom window.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
You would have thought he could have set up where it was quieter for this video!

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Very cool. I'll have to try this one day. I wonder how much difference there would be between wd40, 3in1 oil, and actual diesel fuel