Desert Tech MDR update

GA Firing Line

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
From another forum:

"Desert Tech is owned by a polygamist FLDS sect, the Kingston family. They marry their 13 year old cousins and when inbreeding results in disabled children they dump them at state ran orphanages. There was an article not long ago about how Kingston is the most common surname for orphaned children in the state. Buyer beware."

JCL_3146.jpg

Dear Valued Customers,
I want to wish you everyone a happy new year! I am very excited about 2017 and I hope you are too. Our January announcement is two days late due to Jan 1st being a holiday and landing on a weekend. For each of these announcements we meet with all of our departments to get true assessments of where things are, in order to provide the most accurate and up to date information as possible. We have several updates for you:

1. MDR performance: Information and videos will be publicly released January 17, 2017.

2. MDR Media: Production MDR’s will be at Shot Show and we will also be hosting a private “MDR live fire” writers event during shot show. Any interested writers or media can RSVP with Dustin or Jeff in our marketing department by calling our office.

3. Production Schedule:
a. Delivery Schedule: On January 10th we will be posting individual customer delivery dates on our website, which they can access by logging into their order. We are also contacting dealers directly to inform them of their delivery schedules.
b. Current Production Status: Do to some delays in receiving production parts we will be combining Jan, Feb, and March’s planned shipments into one shipment to be delivered in March. We still expect to be at full production by June 2017. If parts show up earlier than expected, then there is still a chance for some MDR’s to go out in February.
c. Caliber Availability: Only 7.62 MDR’s will be shipping through June 2017. The 5.56 rifles won’t start shipping until July. It is possible for customers who have 5.56 rifles on order to change them to 7.62 rifles by calling our sales office and making the change by phone. Changing your 5.56 order to 7.62 will save your place in line and get you your MDR sooner. The reason the 7.62 cartridge is being released first is because it is the largest cartridge in the MDR platform so the bulk of our time has been spent on 7.62 testing to ensure the MDR is a true 7.62 rifle not an up scaled 5.56 rifle. The 5.56 rifle lagged behind the 7.62 because the 5.56 is still in testing and because a handful of 5.56 parts use different tooling than the 7.62 and the tooling is still pending. The .300 Blackout conversion kits are expected to start shipping by August 2017. This again is due to the tooling variances.

3. Price Increase: The engineering and refinement that went into the forward ejection mechanism and other features of the MDR are nothing less than fantastic; it is super reliable, accurate, and durable. Unfortunately, more features and more innovation just costs more to produce than we initially expected which has forced us to increase the price on the MDR.
As of January 4, 2017 the new pricing is:
d. MDR 7.62 is $2,525
e. MDR 5.56 is $2,275
f. Conversion kit prices will not increase
All pre-orders are locked in at the old pricing, we will allow customers to order MDR’s at the old pricing up to January 10, 2017.

I’m excited that we are locking in delivery dates for each customer who has been waiting so patiently for their MDR, it is unfortunate that parts delays has pushed the earliest pre-orders back by 4 to 8 weeks. We hoped to have the 5.56 MDR’s ready at the same time as the 7.62’s but time and manpower constraints didn’t allow it. We are still very excited with the MDR and it’s performance and we can’t wait to get them into every-ones hands. I really appreciate everyones support and excitement, we are on the home stretch and the wait will be.

Sincerely

Nicholas Young
CEO Desert Tech

Last edited:

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Those polygamists are some sick fuckers. Me and my wife watched a show on TV called Escaping Polygamy. It's an interesting show for sure if you haven't seen it. The girls that are on the show that help people get out of polygamy are related to the Kingston group.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Personally, I have been awaiting these. Big fan of their SRS rifles and the adaptability of them. The Tavor is meh, at very best.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
@BosanaCZ have you seen anything that links Desert Tech to the Kingston Polygamist group? I tried to Google it but my Google-fu is weak.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I just found this...

20170105_133210.png

http://kingstonclan.com/business

I'm sure that there really is some affiliation with the Kingston Polygamist Clan and Desert Tech, I just don't know how much. That being said, until I found out for certain that there was absolutely zero affiliation I wouldn't buy anything from them.

Last edited:

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Anything better than that?

Nope. That's proof enough for me not to do business with them though. I found a thread on Google from another forum where someone reached out to them, and had been corresponding with them previously, and straight up asked them if they were affiliated with the Kingston Polygamist group and they ceased all communication with him.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
@ReservoirDawg10 if you've never seen the TV series Escaping Polygamy you really should watch it. It is quite eye opening.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Nope. That's proof enough for me not to do business with them though. I found a thread on Google from another forum where someone reached out to them, and had been corresponding with them previously, and straight up asked them if they were affiliated with the Kingston Polygamist group and they ceased all communication with him.

I saw it on the internet. It must be true.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I saw it on the internet. It must be true.

I didn't base my decision off of the thread on the other forum. I based it off of the website that I linked in my previous post. That website was created by people who have left the Kingston Polygamist group and have a very deep knowledge of the organization. I'm not saying that you should choose not to do business with them, I'm simply saying that I will not.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
I didn't base my decision off of the thread on the other forum. I based it off of the website that I linked in my previous post. That website was created by people who have left the Kingston Polygamist group and have a very deep knowledge of the organization. I'm not saying that you should choose not to do business with them, I'm simply saying that I will not.

And yet that website doesn't provide any proof. The Kingston family and their criminal history is well known. Not debating that. But before trashing a company, I'd need some facts past a picture on a website that provides no proof and really does not try to.

Also note, there is a big difference between polygamy and child abuse and molestation.

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
Don't see anything linking the two.
It's there.

Apparently part of the family was on some A&E reality show called Escaping Polygamy where they talked about Desert Tech.

Edit: ok, forget the polygamist stuff, how about the fact they keep pushing their product back, just increased their prices by $250 for no valid reason, yet, keep taking peoples orders, and are having selective media guys come to test the rifles at a private event? Doesn't sound good to me.

If that doesn't reek of vaporware I don't know what does.