Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
That whole situation is fucked. I don't agree with Delta about them cancelling their NRA discount program. I also don't agree with government extortion either though, which is basically what they were trying to do to Delta.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I'm glad my tax dollars aren't supporting Delta any more.

What are their projected earnings this year?

And I wonder if they learned any lessons about their timing...

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I'm glad my tax dollars aren't supporting Delta any more.

What are their projected earnings this year?

And I wonder if they learned any lessons about their timing...
Taking less in taxes from Delta isn't really 'supporting them with your tax dollars'. As long as the company provides a net gain to the state economy/bottom line a tax break is good for everyone. The last number I saw (maybe 10 years ago) showed that Delta represented 5% if the state economy.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Taking less in taxes from Delta isn't really 'supporting them with your tax dollars'. As long as the company provides a net gain to the state economy/bottom line a tax break is good for everyone. The last number I saw (maybe 10 years ago) showed that Delta represented 5% if the state economy.

I disagree. Why should us plebs all pay a gas tax and a huge company like delta pay zero gas tax? Are they going to take the money and reinvest in Georgia? Highly doubtful. This was a crooked deal from the start. If you want to lower the gas tax for delta, lower the gas tax for everyone.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I disagree. Why should us plebs all pay a gas tax and a huge company like delta pay zero gas tax? Are they going to take the money and reinvest in Georgia? Highly doubtful. This was a crooked deal from the start. If you want to lower the gas tax for delta, lower the gas tax for everyone.
I don't disagree. I just see two separate arguments. Essentially this is the same situation as Trump's new tax plan, just on a smaller scale. The economy is benefiting in some ways from the corporate tax changes, but I want my lower personal taxes made permanent. I have gripes, but I'm also doing better overall.

Reactions: karlvv

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I don't disagree. I just see two separate arguments. Essentially this is the same situation as Trump's new tax plan, just on a smaller scale. The economy is benefiting in some ways from the corporate tax changes, but I want my lower personal taxes made permanent. I have gripes, but I'm also doing better overall.

Hunter Hill is trying to make the income tax in Georgia zero. That I can get behind.