Decent scope?

American Revival Apparel Company

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
I picked this up the other day and put it on my 10/22 and have to say that I'm pretty impressed. Locking and re-adjustable zero. 1/4moa per click. Decent eye relief. Snug caps. QD rings that are actually tight. Black mil dot reticule with red or green on a rheostat. Pretty compact little scope. Great accuracy so far as well. Anyone try one of these before? They hold up? Did I just waste $50 on a piece of junk?
601c025c-0d9b-0d3b.jpg

601c025c-0daf-ac89.jpg

601c025c-0ddd-320d.jpg

D

Denny4kids

Zero the scope. Then turn each turret knob 15 clicks in one direction. Then turn the adjustments back to where you started and see if it is still zeroed. If you kept your zero and you like looking through it, then its a keeper. Your scope is from a good budget scope company. Den

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Denny4kids said:
Zero the scope. Then turn each turret knob 15 clicks in one direction. Then turn the adjustments back to where you started and see if it is still zeroed. If you kept your zero and you like looking through it, then its a keeper. Your scope is from a good budget scope company.
I play the part of the gunsmith at our club's annual deer rifle sight-in and I get to deal with a lot of scopes, both good and bad.

The way I test the innards of a scope (which is what Den described above) is with a collimater mounted to a spud that is inserted in the barrel. While looking through the scope at the target in the collimator, I do the movements of the adjustments similar to what Den suggested although five clicks in each direction is plenty for me to see the movement of the image (or lack of movement if the adjustments are sloppy). If I do not see movement with each and every click, I suspect that there's going to be grouping problems with the scope and I'm usually right.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
that sounds like a fun test. (unless it fails of course). wish i had a rest. always room for more gun stuff though. off to the store.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
yz9890 said:
that sounds like a fun test. (unless it fails of course). wish i had a rest. always room for more gun stuff though. off to the store.
You can very easily make a good rest for precision shooting. Find or make some heavy cloth bags and fill them most of the way with clean sand or small dried beans before sewing them closed.

I use old bags that used to contain 25-lbs of lead shot for shotgun shells. They work quite well with a fine sand in them. I'd bet if you checked with folks at the nearest skeet/trap field you could get a ton of the bags.

M

mukwah

I have several UTG products but not the scope. I really like the looks of it. UTG is a good company, I think you did good!