Crossfire 2 or Diamondback Rimfire scope?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Nordsfdw

Scout
May 14, 2019
Somerville
Hey everyone, need a new scope for a recent addition.
I noticed vortex has two scopes for Rimfire, and price tag at Cabela's is a difference of 130 dollars roughly.
Has anyone used both? Pros/cons.
Most importantly: is the Diamondback worth the premium?
For the record, I have used a scout crossfire 2, and found it's magnification at 7x was a bit weak, is it the same with the Rimfire version?
Thanks!

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I recommend you skip anything marketed as a rimfire scope. Move up a step or two and get a quality scope.
Those that are marketed as rimfire will usually be a bdc reticle that doesn’t match any 22 velocity you can actually buy.

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
I recommend you skip anything marketed as a rimfire scope. Move up a step or two and get a quality scope.
Those that are marketed as rimfire will usually be a bdc reticle that doesn’t match any 22 velocity you can actually buy.
Exactly this man knows

Reactions: lesptr

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Hey everyone, need a new scope for a recent addition.
I noticed vortex has two scopes for Rimfire, and price tag at Cabela's is a difference of 130 dollars roughly.
Has anyone used both? Pros/cons.
Most importantly: is the Diamondback worth the premium?
For the record, I have used a scout crossfire 2, and found it's magnification at 7x was a bit weak, is it the same with the Rimfire version?
Thanks!

A great entry level 22lr scope is the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4x16x44. I have a couple and use it in NRL22 and PRS22. If I wanted a little more out of the zoom I’d get the Venom 5x25x56 the glass is a step up in clarity and you get a closer view at 400 yd. it’s next on my list to upgrade to.
I’d stick with an exposed turret you don’t have to remove a cap and a FFP unless it’s only a 50yd bench rest gun then SFP would be fine.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
A great entry level 22lr scope is the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4x16x44. I have a couple and use it in NRL22 and PRS22. If I wanted a little more out of the zoom I’d get the Venom 5x25x56 the glass is a step up in clarity and you get a closer view at 400 yd. it’s next on my list to upgrade to.
I’d stick with an exposed turret you don’t have to remove a cap and a FFP unless it’s only a 50yd bench rest gun then SFP would be fine.

Listen to this guy. He knows some stuff.

Reactions: Laufen

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
From this Gun Trusted webiste i got few suggestions and decided to choose the Diamondback. Does anyone have any real experiences with this scope?
Like I said earlier I use the Diamondback Tactical in competition with the exposed turrets and the EBR-2C reticle. That would be my entry level 22lr scope

On the BDC reticles they are designed only for a certain barrel length and grain bullet they do not work with any ammo and the turrets are capped so it’s harder to adjust.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I would recommend you shop the internet for deals. Optic planet is on place that you may find is cheaper than big box stores. Also, you need to decide what you plan on using the rifle and scope combination for. This makes a big decision on what to buy. If you are slapping a scope on it for the sake of slapping a scope on it, by all.means go the less expensive route.