Cree LED Light Bar

Howard Law

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I want to do a smaller one in my front bumper and one on the back. my high beams and reverse lights are basically useless.

Green Panther

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, Georgia
I know what you mean, reverse led lights would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not all LED's are created equal I found out. I bought some LED replacement bulbs for my reverse lights because it was tough to see with dark tint backing up a truck at night.

The ones I bought were only about $15 for the set and they ended up being less bright than my stock bulbs. They give a bright white almost blue color instead of yellow, but it doesn't shine as far.

Another company makes a better bulb set for the reverse for my truck and they run about $50

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Not all LED's are created equal I found out. I bought some LED replacement bulbs for my reverse lights because it was tough to see with dark tint backing up a truck at night.

The ones I bought were only about $15 for the set and they ended up being less bright than my stock bulbs. They give a bright white almost blue color instead of yellow, but it doesn't shine as far.

Another company makes a better bulb set for the reverse for my truck and they run about $50
I did the same, cheap LED back up bulbs dont work as well as the stock ones. I want one of the LED light bars to supplement them when needed and also for when I need constant light behind the truck.

Green Panther

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, Georgia
I did the same, cheap LED back up bulbs dont work as well as the stock ones. I want one of the LED light bars to supplement them when needed and also for when I need constant light behind the truck.
I have considered some of the smaller square ones to mount in the back, but I couldn't see needing a long light bar.

Here are a few pics from Diode Dynamics that I was considering.

Back%20Up%20LED%20Collage.jpg

3156%20Bulbs%20Collage.jpg

Green Panther

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, Georgia
I like the idea of a replacement bulb for the reverse because they are just plug and play with no additional wiring, and they don't take up extra room mounting them somewhere else.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I drive and Xterra so I have the giant roof rack so mounting isnt an issue, I was looking at two of the smaller square ones as well.

wire a three way switch up front with on/off/and reverse light positions and then a second switch in the cargo area for them as well.

I used to install car stereos for a living so I enjoy doing the wiring and stuff.

I have found that I have needed additional light lots of times when im driving on my inlaws farm where I hunt or when I have my trailer hooked up.

interior LED replacements were a great purchase too.