Could the government monitor you through your handgun?

American Revival Apparel Company

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I remember reading about this a few years ago with HK and some glocks (IE: LEO agency Glocks); basically inventory control, only readable within a few inches. There are numerous articles floating around the interwebz on the topic

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I remember reading about this a few years ago with HK and some glocks (IE: LEO agency Glocks); basically inventory control, only readable within a few inches. There are numerous articles floating around the interwebz on the topic

It’s possible if the reader were strong enough.

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
rfid chips have a very limited range. I wouldn't worry about it, but I would dremel the rfid chip out. :)

Reactions: dial1911

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
rfid chips have a very limited range. I wouldn't worry about it, but I would dremel the rfid chip out. :)

Me too....

But I’ve never seen one on any Glock. Mine are not new, so it could just be the last couple of years’ production

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Me too....

But I’ve never seen one on any Glock. Mine are not new, so it could just be the last couple of years’ production
Odds are you wouldn't see it. It could be contained within the polymer and still function just fine.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Me too....

There is only one real way to know for sure. Tear that shit open. Make sure you record it so we can see.

Reactions: Jcountry

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Shared with permission from an unnamed friend that knows his stuff:

“First, let me say I am not a huge conspiracy guy. Second, I do believe that government can become abusive and intrusive.

So what does that have to do with a Glock 19? How many you knew that every Glock has a RFID chip embedded in the frame? It is used for inventory control.

However, what would happen if at major traffic checkpoints, there was a RFID scanner. So you are crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. The scanner reads the chip on your favorite Glock. That is then us as probable cause for a stop and a search.

Just a thought. This is not fantasy. Glock confirmed the presence of the chip when I visited their plant a few months ago.

Thoughts?”

get me an older glock or new old frame. not that I would want another, but WOW

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I do believe the reading distance is quite far depending on the chip . EZ pass and toll roads use RFID to read your pass in the car in some states. Think of distance there.

Reactions: scand