Cool compairson between Glock 43 and common carry pistols

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Here's the thing, it just isn't small enough for me to sacrafice the extra rounds. the Glock 26 is just fine.

No doubt. I carry a G26 on my ankle (looking to carry a second one on my other ankle) and it's plenty compact enough and I don't sacrifice any rounds.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
No doubt. I carry a G26 on my ankle (looking to carry a second one on my other ankle) and it's plenty compact enough and I don't sacrifice any rounds.
Ankle carry, that's something I need to try. Just finally got a job that I can carry again with.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Is it better to ankle carry on strong side or off side? Inside ankle or outside?

strongtactics

Hunter
Mar 27, 2015
Augusta, Georgia
Is it better to ankle carry on strong side or off side? Inside ankle or outside?

If you go inside (either leg) you should be able to reach it easily with either hand in case you cant use one of them for whatever reason (been shot in one of your arms already, covering your wife's mouth, .....whatever).

On the flip side, if you are right handed and you position the gun on the outside of your right ankle (essentially where the gun would likely be if on your belt), you will probably have an incredibly hard time accessing it with your left hand, should that type of emergency arise.

I should point out that I personally despise ankle carry.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Wow...they put a Remington R51 in there....I thought all of those had either been destroyed by Remington or are in evidence lockers after killing their owners..

Reactions: Gunsite Grad

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
If you go inside (either leg) you should be able to reach it easily with either hand in case you cant use one of them for whatever reason (been shot in one of your arms already, covering your wife's mouth, .....whatever).

On the flip side, if you are right handed and you position the gun on the outside of your right ankle (essentially where the gun would likely be if on your belt), you will probably have an incredibly hard time accessing it with your left hand, should that type of emergency arise.

I should point out that I personally despise ankle carry.

Thanks for the input. I am not a big fan of ankle carry anyway. It is more like only good when grabbin your ankles to kiss your ass goodbye!