Convince me on why I should get a smiff and wesson m&P 9

Howard Law
H

Hoss

I never gave the M&P series much thought until I bought a Shield. I bought the Shield with the idea that it would hold me over until Glock came out with a single stack 9 mm. When Glock came out with the 43, I rushed out and bought one. My Shield puts the 43 to shame. I ended up trading the 43 off for something else. Now I want to try an M&P 9. If it turns out to be as good as the shield, I may end up replacing my P2000 with it.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I never gave the M&P series much thought until I bought a Shield. I bought the Shield with the idea that it would hold me over until Glock came out with a single stack 9 mm. When Glock came out with the 43, I rushed out and bought one. My Shield puts the 43 to shame. I ended up trading the 43 off for something else. Now I want to try an M&P 9. If it turns out to be as good as the shield, I may end up replacing my P2000 with it.
We need to get together so you can try my MP9 Fullsize and compact.

Reactions: Hoss

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
No, too close to new York and jersey. I would catch the liberal disease plaguing those areas
invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-78_5124.jpg

Reactions: Shemp

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Ah yes....well if yiu were still here I'd loan you my M&P 9 Performance Center ported to try out...

When you shoot the G17, I loaned you, make sure you use a few different ammo types, my G21 HATES Winchester White box, but loves the cheep Tula Ammo steel cased stuff, and the Fed. Brass ammo... Just make sure you run a few different types of ammo thru it before you make a final decision...

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
When you shoot the G17, I loaned you, make sure you use a few different ammo types, my G21 HATES Winchester White box, but loves the cheep Tula Ammo steel cased stuff, and the Fed. Brass ammo... Just make sure you run a few different types of ammo thru it before you make a final decision...
Interesting. I've not found a load yet that M&P's wouldn't run.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

Will do. I have both iterations of the guns I would get and a dump can full of random loose ammo...

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
If you like CZs, get a P07. With the Smith you'll need to ante up for an Apex trigger. The P07 will be good out of the box.
For the record I have both. A fully upgraded P07 from CGW with $300 in parts, and an M&P with APEX metal trigger.

Stock for stock P07 is hands down better, but the APEX tuned MP is miles ahead of the Cajunized P07, the CZ just can't compete on the trigger feel and reset of the Apex. And I say this as a huge CZ fan.

Kaotiktribe

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
I wouldn't. lots of guns similar with better ratings. Attempted to own a few M&P's....... the Shield is the worst IMO. You cannot bring the slide home from the release and requires a "pull back" sling shot to chamber.

Weather good practice or not i require dropping the slide to chamber. I can think of 10-15 other toys other than this one.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
I wouldn't. lots of guns similar with better ratings. Attempted to own a few M&P's....... the Shield is the worst IMO. You cannot bring the slide home from the release and requires a "pull back" sling shot to chamber.

Weather good practice or not i require dropping the slide to chamber. I can think of 10-15 other toys other than this one.
Start naming the toys

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code

I think most guns have issue with that shit...I mean ammo.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I think most guns have issue with that shit...I mean ammo.

I never understood why WWB is looked so down upon. I have shot a couple thousand rounds of it in 45 through many different 1911s and HKs with zero problems.

Reactions: DarthVader