Convince me on why I should get a smiff and wesson m&P 9

Faktory 47

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
Title says it all. I love cz's don't get me wrong but I need something to save for. If I am gonna go the polyfantasic route that is not a glock (ugh) it would be the m&p9.

Why should I own one?

Discuss

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I've been thinking about giving it a shot too but I already have so many Glock mags and the trading community up north is sparse to say the least.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Because it is a product improved Glock....and Glock is the benchmark. Just as reliable but with better ergos....both triggers in stock form are underwhelming...but can be fixed.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Can't really go wrong with either

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
I believe the story goes.. Smith grabs some glock engineers says make glock the way you want it.

So cz and glock got it on and the bastard child m&P was born.

Am I off?

Reactions: Righter13

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Says money bags o'er 'der

Pfft...you got 3 Glocks....I'm just saying if yiu don't like them try the M&P. Just get a standard version...they can be had for $350 used if you look hard enough

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
If you like CZs, get a P07. With the Smith you'll need to ante up for an Apex trigger. The P07 will be good out of the box.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Like others have said, the M&P has great ergonomics. Both Glock and M&P triggers are classic spongy striker fired triggers, but you can get the APEX for the M&P or the ZEV for the Glock. Both are a big improvement over factory. Just don't expect to be nailing the center of a target right away like you would with the SA pull of those CZ's. It can be done, just takes some getting use too.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I believe the story goes.. Smith grabs some glock engineers says make glock the way you want it.

So cz and glock got it on and the bastard child m&P was born.

Am I off?
I really don't recall the original details. But after the Sigma debacle, Smith had to come up with a new design or they were going to be left behind by the LE market. In my opinion, it was a do or die time in their history. They went back to the drawing board and came up with a gun that addressed the weaknesses in the Glock design. Namely the grip angle and control designs. The trigger was comparable, but didn't have the reset of the Glock, because the M&P is fully cocked after cycling. As @ArtVandelay referred, it was supposed to be a product improved Glock. The locking block and sear block are beefier too, incorporating the slide rails into the blocks, instead of molding them into the frame.

The trigger has always been the weak point of the M&P. But the most recent revisions are pretty darn good. They're using the performance center sear, which is similar to the Apex Duty sear. And improvements to the trigger bar have improved reset considerably. It's very usable right out of the box. But for a little more coin, you can drop in an Apex DCAEK or FSS. The FSS is the best striker trigger I've ever used. And with a new M&P selling for $399, even with a replacement trigger, you're in Gen4 Glock territory.
I rather have an XDm than M&P. And I rather have a P07 than either.
My father has an xdm. God, I hate that gun...