Convert your 6 round Ruger LCP .380 caliber magazine into a 7 round

American Revival Apparel Company

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Installed my Magguts system yesterday, took only a few minutes then went to my sons to put a few mags through it. I put the following:

7+1 Federal Hydra Shok
7+1 Blazer Brass FMJ's
7+1 Hornady CD

Ran them as fast as I could run them through and reload. All 100% no hiccups just like it was suppose to. I did notice the very first time I put a full mag in it did seem a little hard to lock. I popped it right back out and in and it seem real good nothing like the first time, went in with very little pressure. Maybe the springs just needed seeded just right. I am very happy with the system and will keep it. I really didn't feel a need to run anymore as a test as it ran so smooth and natural plus it was raining some but plan on running a box of Blazer Brass FMJ's through real soon .

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
RugerRon60 said:
Installed my Magguts system yesterday, took only a few minutes then went to my sons to put a few mags through it. I put the following:

7+1 Federal Hydra Shok
7+1 Blazer Brass FMJ's
7+1 Hornady CD

Ran them as fast as I could run them through and reload. All 100% no hiccups just like it was suppose to. I did notice the very first time I put a full mag in it did seem a little hard to lock. I popped it right back out and in and it seem real good nothing like the first time, went in with very little pressure. Maybe the springs just needed seeded just right. I am very happy with the system and will keep it. I really didn't feel a need to run anymore as a test as it ran so smooth and natural plus it was raining some but plan on running a box of Blazer Brass FMJ's through real soon .
Thanks for the report.

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Got mine, installed it and went to the range. Works just fine.

Put 48 rounds (6 x 7+1) downrange of PMC FMJ and Hornaday Critical Defense. No problems at all.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
My 2 cents...and I'm not knocking the product...but I leave my self defense handguns and magazines stock. I don't even use 8-round mags in my Colts. I figure John Browning and Colt designed the weapon and mags a certain way for a reason. I trust Ruger and other firearms companies in the same regard. Again, not knocking the product or any of you that have made this change...but it's not for me. I'll leave my LCP magazines stock. Peace bros! :)

Sarge

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
I hope I would never need more than 7 shots in a gun fight.....But 8 might be handy if reliable as the videos show it to be......Time will tell...... :-\

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Had mine in for 6 weeks now, have run maybe 100 rounds through the gun, I have cycled rounds through the mag manually (without the mag being in the gun) Murphy's law IMO exists so anything can happen with or with out this product. I have seen no reason to mistrust it over the original mag springs. YMMV

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I've been watching the similar thread in the "other" forum and a couple of reports have surfaced about failures of the Magguts package. Apparently, the follower and spring can become improperly oriented causing jams.

For sure, I won't be "upgrading" my LCP magazines.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I was on the other forum and the owner of MagGuts posted about the comments being made. Below is the link if anyone wants to see it. Personally I am not sure where I stand. I played with it some more last night and still could not get a malfunction. Maybe if one was totally careless when loading the mag... maybe. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

MagGuts post in the other forum