Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
This was posted by a friend of mine that works at Kennesaw Mountain.

If this needs to be moved to Politics forum please do so but I think this is enough of an outrage that it should be seen by all. Kennesaw Mountain Park is a museum and a battlefield memorial. View attachment 477226

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
So much bravado from a bunch of people that'll just shit and fall back in it. They'll be a grilled cheese next week that looks like Dale fucking Earnhardt and they'll forget all about this.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
it is one thing to be over a state capitol.. and another thing when it is part of a site where.. oh i dont know.. an actual CIVIL WAR BATTLE HAPPENED?!

this is a part of that sites history, and by removing any traces of it, you are removing history and going to ruin future generations from knowing that lots of men died in both defense and offense of that mountain. such a shame that we have come to this.. smh

Reactions: Shemp and Strider12

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I'm not from the South, but I can understand preservation of heritage if that's what it is really all about...... but I suspect that's not the true cause for some.

I've never personally seen a need to fly a flag from Ohio, nor the need to fly any of the previous versions of the US flag, and I've never seen the need to fly any flags from an era 150 years ago.

I guess I'm just not as in-tune with my "heritage" as others :noidea:

Reactions: madHatter

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
I'm not from the South, but I can understand preservation of heritage if that's what it is really all about...... but I suspect that's not the true cause for some.

I've never personally seen a need to fly a flag from Ohio, nor the need to fly any of the previous versions of the US flag, and I've never seen the need to fly any flags from an era 150 years ago.

I guess I'm just not as in-tune with my "heritage" as others :noidea:
if we lost an uprising against a certain european power.. we might still be flying britflag.gif

Reactions: Shemp

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
if we lost an uprising against a certain european power.. we might still be flying View attachment 1809
Meh, the same could be said if we'd have lost any number of other battles along the way .... again, not saying I don't appreciate American heritage, but I just don't personally feel the need to fly specific flags in memory of certain battles

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
Meh, the same could be said if we'd have lost any number of other battles along the way .... again, not saying I don't appreciate American heritage, but I just don't personally feel the need to fly specific flags in memory of certain battles
this issue is that because it has something that is not popular. it certainly has its place at the museum because it was a REGIMENTAL flag. not the overall flag of the CSA. i am just having a hard time grasping the lunacy that is spreading faster than a wildfire in california. i mean... this really proves stupidity has no bounds.

Reactions: Shemp

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
this issue is that because it has something that is not popular. it certainly has its place at the museum because it was a REGIMENTAL flag. not the overall flag of the CSA. i am just having a hard time grasping the lunacy that is spreading faster than a wildfire in california. i mean... this really proves stupidity has no bounds.
I do understand your point, obviously context is important; but you do also realize that, for some, this particular flag stands for much more than a simple battle flag, ergo, you are now addressing other issues and will have much greater opposition.

I really don't want to get into a debate about what the particular flag means to any one individual

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Well as long as I can still buy nazi flags...those guys were just misunderstood.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
You should be able to buy and fly whatever flag makes you happy for whatever reason; from stars and bars to rainbows, have at it as far as I'm concerned.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
it is one thing to be over a state capitol.. and another thing when it is part of a site where.. oh i dont know.. an actual CIVIL WAR BATTLE HAPPENED?!

this is a part of that sites history, and by removing any traces of it, you are removing history and going to ruin future generations from knowing that lots of men died in both defense and offense of that mountain. such a shame that we have come to this.. smh
Agreed

Reactions: madHatter

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
I do understand your point, obviously context is important; but you do also realize that, for some, this particular flag stands for much more than a simple battle flag, ergo, you are now addressing other issues and will have much greater opposition.

I really don't want to get into a debate about what the particular flag means to any one individual
here i can end the argument right now.. flags are stupid.