Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
If all states (well besides NYC) allow CC we all have to go through background checks then why the heck would states not allow you to carry across the line. Makes no sense. What do the need a carry all permit for $25 a year to go anywhere in the continental US.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I would be interested to see where this leads. Maybe more states will get on the band wagon.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Uh, NO. CCW with no permit is good in theory. Sure, allow anyone to CCW is good in theory but will only further the anti-gun side because people don't think. I think we should slow down on this and see how the states with no permit laws fair.

Of course with the recent shooting in FL, the BGS had carry permit and military ID and properly declared his weapon and ammo. He followed the law and basically no one else was armed. This was an open non-secure area called baggage claim and anyone can walk in carrying either concealed or not.

So, did he have an issue preventing him from legally owning a firearm? He had a background check if he had carry permit? He was also military?? Now tellive me how we should let any Joe Schmo conceal carry without permit? This was in FL and supposedly a gun friendlyrics state. What would the public opinion be had this happened in TX?

I know this relates to another thread here but is very relevant this one this one as well.

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
Uh, NO. CCW with no permit is good in theory. Sure, allow anyone to CCW is good in theory but will only further the anti-gun side because people don't think. I think we should slow down on this and see how the states with no permit laws fair.

Of course with the recent shooting in FL, the BGS had carry permit and military ID and properly declared his weapon and ammo. He followed the law and basically no one else was armed. This was an open non-secure area called baggage claim and anyone can walk in carrying either concealed or not.

So, did he have an issue preventing him from legally owning a firearm? He had a background check if he had carry permit? He was also military?? Now tellive me how we should let any Joe Schmo conceal carry without permit? This was in FL and supposedly a gun friendlyrics state. What would the public opinion be had this happened in TX?

I know this relates to another thread here but is very relevant this one this one as well.

Bro you know I love ya, but I gotta disagree. We already have several states that have allowed permitless carry for a long time (look up Vermont Carry). There are also a number of states that allow open carry without a permission slip. I really believe this is a liberty issue and hopefully all of the permission slips will go the way of the dodo bird.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Bro you know I love ya, but I gotta disagree. We already have several states that have allowed permitless carry for a long time (look up Vermont Carry). There are also a number of states that allow open carry without a permission slip. I really believe this is a liberty issue and hopefully all of the permission slips will go the way of the dodo bird.
I hear ya. I could have gone the other way as well. Like my wife said, you could have killed 1000 people and never been caught or in any database so what difference does requiring a permit to carry matter any way. Why should would have to submit to to any checks for any type of weapon purchase or the right to carry? Hell, go back to the days of the old West and let the chips fall where they may. You can open carry, conceal carry or carry it in your ass! It will deter crime simply because criminals won't be the only ones with weapons any more.

See ya at high noon @Waterguy ;)

Reactions: Lokidogg

Lokidogg

Woodsman
Mar 28, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I have always been told that if you treat everyone as if they have a gun ( whether or not they do) and people will be hesitant to react so quickly. There are a lot of GOOD people that carry every day and no one knows the difference.

Lokidogg

Woodsman
Mar 28, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
People that do carry without permission are afraid of repercussions of their actions. It sucks.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Now tellive me how we should let any Joe Schmo conceal carry without permit? This was in FL and supposedly a gun friendlyrics state. What would the public opinion be had this happened in TX?

This is how: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Reactions: NWS and Cudruln