Colt Government Model 1911 A1 cal. .22 LR (Walther)

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I just paid $48 for the same thing and could not get the money out of my pocket fast enough. Do I hate paying that for .22 long rifle? Yes I do. But I have not seen .22 long rifle in a retail store since before Newtown. Let me make this clear. Not one freaking time in nearly a year. I take that back. Just last week I saw CCI Standard Velocity at Gander Mountain and it was 14 or 15 cents per round. You could take all you wanted they had a grand total of 6 boxes of 50.

M

mukwah

BDD, Sometimes we just do what we gotta do to enjoy the things in life that we relish. You got ammo so just shoot it and enjoy it!

Sent from my Droid RAZR using my trigger finger!

R

rayzer007

mukwah said:
BDD, Sometimes we just do what we gotta do to enjoy the things in life that we relish. You got ammo so just shoot it and enjoy it!

ABSOLUTELY agree Muk! The point is to enjoy it once you buy it! All the rationalizing about high prices and gouging, etc. should be done before the purchase. If you don't agree with the price philosophically - don't buy it. If you decided to purchase it, then just enjoy it :) Sometimes I buy stuff because I wanted it, not because it was a fair price. Just sayin'.

Ray

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Thanks guys and I certainly will enjoy it. Since I have not seen any .22 long rifle ammo for nearly a year, if I see it for 10 cents a round or less, I am buying it......and shooting it.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
bigdogdaddy said:
Thanks guys and I certainly will enjoy it. Since I have not seen any .22 long rifle ammo for nearly a year, if I see it for 10 cents a round or less, I am buying it......and shooting it.

During the previous ammo drought I had a guy try to sell me a 100 round box of White Remington 380 ACP for $60. Guess whose shop I haven't bough a single round from since? We remember who does such things during these times and when things get better we ignore them. I've seen guys trying to sell bricks of 22 LR for a $100. each.

Sorry you got the shaft there pal. But sometimes it goes that way.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Slowhand said:
bigdogdaddy said:

During the previous ammo drought I had a guy try to sell me a 100 round box of White Remington 380 ACP for $60. Guess whose shop I haven't bough a single round from since? We remember who does such things during these times and when things get better we ignore them. I've seen guys trying to sell bricks of 22 LR for a $100. each.

Sorry you got the shaft there pal. But sometimes it goes that way.

Last winter I was at a GS fight after I put my Sun 2000 on order and a vendor that has a shop in Sterling Ohio I "use" to frequent had 2 Sub 2000's so ask how much he said $800.00 will take one, I said $800.00!!! they only cost $339.00 he said try to get one. Well I have my Sub 2000 form the Fin Feather Fur for $339.00 and I have NOT step foot in his shop since. FYI MSRP today on the Sub 2000 is $499.00. It took 10 months for me to get it but that vendor lost a customer due to gouging.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
"Sorry you got the shaft there pal. But sometimes it goes that way."

Call it what you will, but here where I live if you don't pay 10 cents per round you will not be shooting your .22 for a while and you will be lucky if you find it all. I will continue to pay 10 cents per round when I am lucky enough to find any .22 long rifle for that price.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
bigdogdaddy said:

Call it what you will, but here where I live if you don't pay 10 cents per round you will not be shooting your .22 for a while and you will be lucky if you find it all. I will continue to pay 10 cents per round when I am lucky enough to find any .22 long rifle for that price.

Agree there, at GS's I can get 7.62x39 for well under 6 bucks, but at local stores I pay 8-10 bucks (20 rnd boxes). We have to take a hit on the ammo if we wanna shoot that's a given but over pricing (at the time) a $339.00 gun at $800.00 bucks is a bit much for me to take a hit on. Plus his arrogance in the way he said it got to me as well. As far as .22lr's best I can get is CCI bricks at the Fin for $49.95 when they have them. .22lr range ammo is still a rare breed in my area.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
bigdogdaddy said:

Hey, I totally understand your frustration. I get bent out of shape myself, especially when I'm paying big bucks for rounds for the Argentine Mauser, Winchester 30 30. 30 06.

I'm just grateful I didn't wind up like some of my friends who live in New York State. For years they felt relief that they were exempt from the insanity that went on in New York City, then one morning the Governor lowered the boom on them. In California they just passed a law prohibiting the sale of semi automatic files and require current owners to register their weapons and we know what that leads to. I'd bet they're going to start charging registration fees and such to really stick it to gun owners.

I'm own a stack of firearms that are legal here in South Carolina. If I ever thought about moving to another state it could get real interesting.