Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia

WyldeDime

Hunter
Sep 2, 2015
Georgia
How many times has Colt went bankrupt? 2-3? Good lord, you'd think that would be one company that should be able to make money.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
How many times has Colt went bankrupt? 2-3? Good lord, you'd think that would be one company that should be able to make money.
You would think, but it only takes a little bit of poor management to screw up a sure thing. People see tons of money rolling in and they assume you're making a lot of profit, but in the real world it doesn't work that way.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
A lot of folks bet on hillary winning. Gun stocks are down and everyone has taken a hit. It will balance out like it always does and the best companies will survive.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Election year and all aside. Most companies that need to make cuts or cut backs typically do it this time of year. Most like to wait until after the holiday season. In manufacturing in general I have seen it time and time again over my 25 years in that arena. Hopefully, things will turn around for Colt. Look at what Chrysler has been through as well as Caterpillar. They have always found a way back. Fiat was supposed to save Chrysler and I heard that tanked. Caterpillar has tax issues and with the IRS raid on their corporate offices last week the stock has plummeted. My guess is this first year will be a rocky one but may stabilize by 2018.