FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I'm afraid they'll be just under a grand and sold out and in no time. This story just has too many collectors following it and has been hyped too much. I sold my old beat up M1911 a few months back for $1100. It was cool as hell but not $1100 cool. If they were under $600 I'd think about.

I like C&R stuff but the cool thing about a lot of Milsurp guns is you can't get anything close to the design of the gun unless you buy the original. Like my Luger, I would never sell that gun, but 1911's are a dime a dozen. Sure being an old war horse is cool, but for me it's just meh.

Reactions: EugenFJR

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I'm afraid they'll be just under a grand and sold out and in no time. This story just has too many collectors following it and has been hyped too much. I sold my old beat up M1911 a few months back for $1100. It was cool as hell but not $1100 cool. If they were under $600 I'd think about.

I like C&R stuff but the cool thing about a lot of Milsurp guns is you can't get anything close to the design of the gun unless you buy the original. Like my Luger, I would never sell that gun, but 1911's are a dime a dozen. Sure being an old war horse is cool, but for me it's just meh.

There might be a silver lining... Once people pay all of this $$$ money and find out it's a POS, the secondary market, might be flooded with them for around $500.00 bucks, maybe less. IDK.

I think a lot of people will be dissappointed with them, once they take them to the range...

But then again, how many Singer, and IBM guns might be found...???

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
There might be a silver lining... Once people pay all of this $$$ money and find out it's a POS, the secondary market, might be flooded with them for around $500.00 bucks, maybe less. IDK.

I think a lot of people will be dissappointed with them, once they take them to the range...

But then again, how many Singer, and IBM guns might be found...???
Nah, there is no secondary market for these any more just a collectors market and those guys (me included) dont shoot them much.

Last edited:
Reactions: FatAlbert

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Nah, there is not secondary market for these any more just a collectors market and those guys (me included) dont shoot them much.
Yep, I think most people who pay high dollar for them don't shoot them. I shot mine and it just wasn't accurate at all. That bothered the hell out of me even though I never really planned on shooting it much anyway. I've got a nice all original k98 Mauser I wish I never shot. The rifling looks good but I couldn't get the damn thing to group better than about 8-10 inches. Now I want to sell it, wish I had just left it alone cause it's an awesome looking rifle, it's got 3 notches carved into the stock about right where you put your cheek. I'm gonna try some different ammo but if I can't get it to group decent it's gonna have to go.

Reactions: EugenFJR

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I still think people will be dissappointed with them, and sell them for less then what they payed for them, when they see how beat up they are... I'd rather find a used one form some dude who needs the cash then pay CMP prices at the onset of the release. Hell, I bet they will still shoot better than a Kimber. ;)

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Yep, I think most people who pay high dollar for them don't shoot them. I shot mine and it just wasn't accurate at all. That bothered the hell out of me even though I never really planned on shooting it much anyway. I've got a nice all original k98 Mauser I wish I never shot. The rifling looks good but I couldn't get the damn thing to group better than about 8-10 inches. Now I want to sell it, wish I had just left it alone cause it's an awesome looking rifle, it's got 3 notches carved into the stock about right where you put your cheek. I'm gonna try some different ammo but if I can't get it to group decent it's gonna have to go.

In for pictures... I have a K98 that shoots pretty good for a Russian Capture... I bought a Yugo K98 that will hopefully shoot pretty well so I can make a fake K98 sniper rifle...

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
pm incoming :)

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
In for pictures... I have a K98 that shoots pretty good for a Russian Capture... I bought a Yugo K98 that will hopefully shoot pretty well so I can make a fake K98 sniper rifle...
I haven't had a photo op with her yet.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
In for pics! That's one of my bucket list guns.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
One of my first summer camps with the GAARNG I got a chance to get out on the pistol range with the 1911's back in '87 or so.

I'm surprised parts didn't fall off when I shook it.

Yeah, at that price point I'm not going to be interested...

Talk about mix-masters. They have all probably been rebuilt 3 or 4 times apiece by unit armorers.

And supposedly they are all going to be re-parkerized.

No thanks.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
One of my first summer camps with the GAARNG I got a chance to get out on the pistol range with the 1911's back in '87 or so.

I'm surprised parts didn't fall off when I shook it.

Yeah, at that price point I'm not going to be interested...

Talk about mix-masters. They have all probably been rebuilt 3 or 4 times apiece by unit armorers.

And supposedly they are all going to be re-parkerized.

No thanks.

I hadn't heard that they were going to re-parkerize them. If they are going to re-parkerize them I'd only buy one to do a custom build IF they are priced right. Why the fuck would they do that though?!?!?!

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I hadn't heard that they were going to re-parkerize them. If they are going to re-parkerize them I'd only buy one to do a custom build IF they are priced right. Why the fuck would they do that though?!?!?!
Yeah, that seems dumb. The people that are gonna buy these want them for their history. Why try to erase it?

Reactions: Frogman

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I think it's along the lines of the re-parked Garands they sell.

I dunno know if it's true - I read it on the interwebz...

Reactions: Jake

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code

Would you want to work on my Fake K98 sniper??? I need to decide on a mount, repro scopes are all over the place, so thats no big deal. The wood is fine, but the bluing is not so good and I'm playing with the idea, of swapping out the barrel for a new one.

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Would you want to work on my Fake K98 sniper??? I need to decide on a mount, repro scopes are all over the place, so thats no big deal. The wood is fine, but the bluing is not so good and I'm playing with the idea, of swapping out the barrel for a new one.
I'm working on getting bluing and parkerizing going but right now all I offer is Cerakote and very basic Gunsmithing service like installing rails, night sights, scopes that sort of thing. Hell I don't even have a decent tap and die set at the moment.

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I'm working on getting bluing and parkerizing going but right now all I offer is Cerakote and very basic Gunsmithing service like installing rails, night sights, scopes that sort of thing. Hell I don't even have a decent tap and die set at the moment.

Please tell me your going to call the shop Bubbas customs.

Oh and experimenting on my k98

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Please tell me your going to call the shop Bubbas customs.

Oh and experimenting on my k98

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that k98 could used a good ol battleworn burnt bronze job, with a punisher skull thrown in there somewhere.