Clearing your EDC

Howard Law

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
I dunno....those make me nervous. I have been trying to find a way to lock my nightstand drawer...but I might need to just get one of those and hope it works.

Those are OK... but for sure I wouldn't lock my only pistol in it and hope for it to open if I ever needed it!

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
My oldest is 12 and I really never had to worry about him much. Just kept them out of reach. But my almost 4 year old now is into EVERYTHING and loves guns. He doesn't yet understand the difference between real and toy. He will immediately pick up any gun and start trying to pull the trigger. I've had to rethink my thinkin' this go around.

Yeah kids mess up everything, LMAO

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Please make sure to protect your firearms from your children!

Reactions: Cudruln

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I may find myself at the bottom of a dog pile for this, but mine do not stay loaded at home. And that's because I have kids. They know how to safely handle firearms and that "every one is loaded" but they're not quite strong enough to rack a slide. So my HD pistol sits with an empty chamber.

All the doors stay locked... so somebody's going to have to make some noise to get in my house. Surely that's enough time to rack the slide. Or maybe I'll be shot while trying to get the thing ready to fire... who knows.

Reactions: scand

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
My edc only comes out the holster when I'm shooting it, after that it gets cleaned and back in the holster where it may stay for weeks before coming out again.

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
No clearing for me. I keep one in the hole all the time until cleaning time comes or I am showing it to someone else.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I dunno....those make me nervous. I have been trying to find a way to lock my nightstand drawer...but I might need to just get one of those and hope it works.
I had one of those (not the biometric) it worked good for the intended purpose. Just make sure it is bolted down good.

I would personally go wth the 4 digit combo one though, a lot easier to do and more fail safe in my opinion.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
My EDC stays loaded and in its holster 24/7. Don't have to worry about bullet setback in a wheel gun though. When I EDC'd my 1911 I used to unload it when I got home because I used to practice drawing and operating the safety to gain muscle memory. I then noticed that the bullets kept having setback issues so I always kept it loaded after that and just used one of my other 1911's for practice. For some reason I've noticed that 45's tend to be more prone to setback than other calibers. I have no idea why though???

blueknight8

the.... IN...master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
stockbridge ga
I may find myself at the bottom of a dog pile for this, but mine do not stay loaded at home. And that's because I have kids. They know how to safely handle firearms and that "every one is loaded" but they're not quite strong enough to rack a slide. So my HD pistol sits with an empty chamber.

All the doors stay locked... so somebody's going to have to make some noise to get in my house. Surely that's enough time to rack the slide. Or maybe I'll be shot while trying to get the thing ready to fire... who knows.
im with you . i do the same thing there are 2 guns out of the safe mine and the wifes edc both get unloaded at night and put in night stand . our room is a no go for the boys and they do a good job following the rule

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
All of my long guns are unloaded. I only keep a PT99 loaded by the nightstand, but nothing in the chamber. (Not sure which "condition" you fucking tactifag operators call this)
I have an almost 2 year old that knows where the guns are, but he can't fully open the door to them yet. He knows what they do as when he sees one he says "shhh!!! pow pow!"; obviously as I shoot a 22 off the front porch at a flipper target daily, or the occasional dove that lands in the yard to be eaten, or a squirrel for the cats.