Claims that the Nano shoots low...

American Revival Apparel Company
R

rayzer007

That is a worthwhile read just to be aware that there are different ways of lining up sights on targets that are used by different manufacturers! Good stuff Rich!

Ray

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Stick a laser on like the new Lasermax for the Nano and set the sight the way you like it, not the factory. The Nano's is a slight departure from the way most factory sights are set. IMHO they could have made the rear a little higher.

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Trigg, sight image #2 is what I prefer on a non-target, defensive weapon (see link in the opening post). A simple fix for those who prefer the #2 would simply be a higher rear sight. Not much room on the front sight to shave off. Still, given what these tiny guns are designed for (close in work), sight picture is not that critical IMHO. In a typical worst case scenario, you can smell the BG's breath.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Trigger_1 said:
Rich....Thanks for the link....I would prefer the 6 o'clock hold.... :-\
I agree with Kraigster. The 6 o'clock sight picture is OK for shooting standard sized round targets but is no good for a combat firearm. The problem is that there's no circle on the bad guy's shirt. Making whatever is at the top of the front sight in the sight picture be the impact point is the only practical sight picture for combat or hunting in my opinion.

That said, practice with a true up-close combat pistol should be done with a lot of point-shooting. In other words, don't waste time lining up the sights. As I've written elsewhere several times, this sort of shooting requires that the pistol fit the shooter's hand well.

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Some of the pistols I own that have adjustable rear sights are set for 6 o'clock hold for steel plate shooting....Which means the bullit will shoot to center plate while aiming at the bottom of the plate....When shooting rapid fire it is much easier to see the plate...especially with bad eyesight...

If you have a gun that has no adjustable sights...It will require some work on the gun to achieve the POA that you want....

Now if your shooting at a BG.....Who need sights....... :p

Shootinbil

Hunter
May 13, 2013
Indiana
My Beretta nano shoots Dead on. It will hits wherever I put the front dot of sight.

Sent from My Compound
My Tactical Shooting Channel
http://youtube.com/profile?user=shootinbil

Shootinbil

Hunter
May 13, 2013
Indiana
Hey thank you I really appreciate that.

Sent from My Compound
My Tactical Shooting Channel
http://youtube.com/profile?user=shootinbil