Civil War Era Rifle

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

jlturner45

Scout
Apr 11, 2016
Hiram, GA
cid_961.jpeg I just got passed down a serious piece of history and I'm wondering if I should get it insured but I wouldn't know who to take it to to get it valued so I can insure it properly in case somebody gets passed the Rottweiler and 2 Pitbulls while I'm out at any point. It's got a patent mark of 1860 and one for 1866. It's a Winchester repeater .32 with 24" octagon barrel with top mounted sights and rear flip up long range sight. It shows a very small amount of wear from usage though it hasn't been fired in over 100 years now and is in very good condition. I don't have any idea where to look to get this thing valued so if anybody can be of any help I'd certainly appreciate it. In case it matters I'm in NW Georgia west of Atlanta about 30 miles.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
It's post civil war. The patent dates are that and don't really say when it's made. Lever guns went through many evolutions and some better pics in good light would help.

Does it take a centerfire or rimfire cartridge?

Reactions: jlturner45

jlturner45

Scout
Apr 11, 2016
Hiram, GA
cid_55.jpeg cid_808.jpeg Here's a couple more close up pictures with serial number and it's a centerfire Winchester 32 carbine. All the writing on that paper is everything found on the rifle.