Cigars and veterans

American Revival Apparel Company

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
cigars are a pretty big thing in the active/veteran community. In typical fashion, companies have been popping up and pushing veteran owned as their selling point. They get a contract with one of 3-4 major manufacturers to private label an otherwise $8-9 cigar and sell it for $12+ Simply because it's 'veteran owned'. That shit irritates the hell out of me. I will always give a vet owned company preference, when they offer a competitive price/product.

That said, I figured I'd share some legit cigar companies, that happen to be veteran owned.

Room 101- owned by a Marine and all around crazy bastard. He's taking a break from cigars for a while to focus on his jewelry business, but stock is still readily available and I would bet he will be back in the industry in the next year or two.

Edgar Hoill/EH- another Marine and cool dude. His OSOK cigar is excellent and Everyday Hustle is a great cheaper stick. His stuff can be a bit hard to find and I'm not sure how active he is in the industry these days, but it is out there.

Avo Uvezian- Avo was a Korea Era vet. He enlisted and was on his way to a blue cord when the Army realized he was an honest to god professional musician and stuck him in the band. He passed earlier this year, but his estate is continuing the brand. The Domaine and XO are awesome cigars to introduce someone to the world of cigars. Not heavy, but packed full of smooth flavor.
Fun fact: Avo wrote the music to 'Strangers in the night'

Last and far from least is Southern Draw- the owner is former SF and started the brand to supply deployed troops. He has CONUS and OCONUS AAFES contracts and those are his first priority. As a result, the cigars can be a bit hard to find, but it's worth it. His cigars are excellent and well priced. He also has a patent on a disposable storage bag that he packages cigars in. It's UV blocking and thick, designed with the intent of keeping your cigars fresh even if stored on the dash of a truck.

Reactions: karlvv