Cheaper Than Dirt

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Does anyone know why it appears that Cheaper Than Dirt no longer has guns on their website? Did I do something wrong on my search?

M

mukwah

I hear from another forum that they have suspended firearm sales for the time being. Not sure why????

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
CTD, Dick's Sporting Goods, and a number of other retailers did pull guns from their retail displays and web sites. Hypocritically, CTD doubled their AR magazine prices as well!

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
In my opinion, CTD has always been kind of a sleazebag vendor. They are notorious for bumping prices dramatically any time there is a shortage of something. I stopped dealing with them back in 2001.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I don't do much with them either since they tried to charge me double for shipping because it was coming from 2 different warehouses. I told them that wasn't my problem and cancelled to order. I guess I am done with them all together now.

number2son

Hunter
Jun 9, 2012
California
bigdogdaddy said:
My guess is trying to be PC instead of pro 2nd amendment......but just a guess.

A whole lot of that going on! Turner's sent out an apology today for not pulling a scheduled ad that featured a Bushmaster for sale. I guess they appeared too insensitive.

number2son

Hunter
Jun 9, 2012
California
Fred said:
CTD, Dick's Sporting Goods, and a number of other retailers did pull guns from their retail displays and web sites. Hypocritically, CTD doubled their AR magazine prices as well!

Dick's sporting goods won't even sell ammo in my neck of the woods.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
bigdogdaddy said:
It also appears that while CTD is not selling firearms, they are selling high capacity mags and have doubled the price. Nice.
I suspect that we'll be vexed with the same problems getting high capacity mags that we had after the 1994 ban. I am certainly glad that I have enough right now for all my weapons.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
A tip for y'all: If you're interested in service rifles and accessories for them, go to Fulton Armory. They are the folks that built my basic AR-15. They have parts and accessories in stock that are rapidly disappearing elsewhere.

I

iacountryboy

I see Fulton Armory's website and phonelines are now non operational. What's up with that? The website says it's so they can process current orders. Things are getting kinda strange since the S H thing. ???

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
iacountryboy said:
I see Fulton Armory's website and phonelines are now non operational. What's up with that? The website says it's so they can process current orders. Things are getting kinda strange since the S H thing. ???
I suspect that they got "discovered" as an untapped source for AR stuff and got hit hard with orders. I presume that I was just quite lucky to find what I did when I did and at prices that were normal for them before the crunch.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
When I bought my LCR .38 sp, there was about 20% of what I have seen previously at my LGS. It will be interesteing to see how long it will take to get back up to as it was. Guess we all gotta wait and see what the feds decide now. Gonna be an interesting year....