Changes upcoming

GA Firing Line

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
Dear Members,

Tomorrow you may see some dust on the forum because I will be doing some major changes, also got tapatalk getting CCF sorted out so we will have that installed soon.

Proposed changes:

Forum Layout changes:

Announcements
-News and Updates
-Member Introductions
General
-General Discussion
-2nd Amendment & Laws Discussion
-CCW and Defense Tactics
-Holsters
-Reloading
-Cigar Lounge
-Humor Me
Hand gun discussions
- 380 Guns
-9mm Gun
-40Cal Guns
-45 ACP Guns
- Other Pistol Caliber
-Ammo Discussions
-Accessories
Long Gun Discussions
- Rifles Discussion
- Shotgun Discussions
Lights and Knifes
-Lights and accessories
- Knifes and Accessories
Sponsors
-
-
-
Markplace
-WTS WTB WTT
--Guns and Accessories
--Lights and Accessories
--Knifes and Accessories

This is a rough draft and could change depending on discussions of admins and wants from the members. Please post below with any questions and comments.

Reactions: 2 people

Nano65

Hunter
Dec 16, 2014
DFW area
Randall, I really want to complement you on all of the hard work. I notice a lot of folks read the threads but very few post anything. I wish we could find a way to get that number up. That problem is not unique to this gun forum.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Randall, I really want to complement you on all of the hard work. I notice a lot of folks read the threads but very few post anything. I wish we could find a way to get that number up. That problem is not unique to this gun forum.

Likely because most are on that other forum and what you see here is duplicated there. Many if not most still go to that other forum. I know I seem to go there much more than here. I participate in the Seecamp forum and have been there for 10 years. I pretty much consider that forum home.

In many cases, forum owners want more traffic in order to sell more advertising. If there is no traffic or members, selling advertising gets more difficult.

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
Likely because most are on that other forum and what you see here is duplicated there. Many if not most still go to that other forum. I know I seem to go there much more than here. I participate in the Seecamp forum and have been there for 10 years. I pretty much consider that forum home.

In many cases, forum owners want more traffic in order to sell more advertising. If there is no traffic or members, selling advertising gets more difficult.

Its not always about selling advertisements or sponsors I sell the ads and stuff just to cover the cost of upgrades (software, webhosting, domain name(s), new designs, new addons ect. If I an hour wage on the time I send doing this stuff I would be asking more then $25 for user Sponsors, and $125 for banners.

The community makes the forum so if you have a bad apple the rest of the apples will turn bad. Its like you work at this place, you love your job and enjoy doing what you do. If your boss hires someone thats been doing it longer but does not enjoy it anymore then he is alittle sour, he get cranky and grips about the job, hours, work load, boss, or anything else sooner or later that bad apple is going to start changing all of your good apples to feel the same way he does.

Content can be duplicated, members can be the same but if all the good is here, this place will grow.

Reactions: 3 people