Century without Trained Apes?

American Revival Apparel Company

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Hey kids. I just grabbed an RAS AK form CAI. I haven't owned an AK in probably 10 years, but I'm familiar with what to expect, even with a decent one. Some irregular finish, and decent machining on the exterior, and lots of milling marks inside the rifle. My biggest indicator of care that a manufacturer took when machining the rifle usually comes from inspecting the bolt carrier for machining marks. In the past, my $400-$600 AK's have run 100%, but been really rough internally. Lot's of machining marks, and a general look of a mass produced stamped steel rifle.

Check this out...seriously, it's flawless. I couldn't possibly be more impressed with a "cheap" AK.

Century, you're winning me over.

IMG_1204.JPG

Last edited:

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
The do seem to be getting their heads slowly unstuck from their asses....

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
Hey kids. I just grabbed an RAS AK form CAI. I haven't owned an AK in probably 10 years, but I'm familiar with what to expect, even with a decent one. Some irregular finish, and decent machining on the exterior, and lots of milling marks inside the rifle. My biggest indicator of care that a manufacturer took when machining the rifle usually comes from inspecting the bolt carrier for machining marks. In the past, my $400-$600 AK's have run 100%, but been really rough internally. Lot's of machining marks, and a general look of a mass produced stamped steel rifle.

Check this out...seriously, it's flawless. I couldn't possibly be more impressed with a "cheap" AK.

Century, you're winning me over.

View attachment 11605
still need to shoot my'n

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The do seem to be getting their heads slowly unstuck from their asses....
The RAS is a really, really good AK for the money. Wolff springs throughout, a super nice nitride finish, and just the feel of a nice AK.
I'm really impressed. I hope it carries over to other platforms.

Reactions: dougiemac

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
The RAS is a really, really good AK for the money. Wolff springs throughout, a super nice nitride finish, and just the feel of a nice AK.
I'm really impressed. I hope it carries over to other platforms.

The C39V2 is a well built gun. It feels like a quality piece....If the RAS had a CL barrel I'd look into it. The C39V2 just doesn't do it for me because it's a milled gun...

Reactions: scand and Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The C39V2 is a well built gun. It feels like a quality piece....If the RAS had a CL barrel I'd look into it. The C39V2 just doesn't do it for me because it's a milled gun...
Yeah, the cl barrel would be a plus since it's not a target gun, but I can't imagine I'll ever have any issues as long as it's in the family.

Reactions: Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Yeah, the cl barrel would be a plus since it's not a target gun but I can't imagine I'll ever have any issues as long as it's in the family.

True....I'm just kinda hesitant with nitriding....I know...I know

Reactions: Laufen

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
Everyone I know has had nothing but positive things to say about the RAS, yet AK47/74 Union or w/e on Youtube made it sound like complete shit

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Everyone I know has had nothing but positive things to say about the RAS, yet AK47/74 Union or w/e on Youtube made it sound like complete shit

The average shooter won't have a problem with the RS or C39V2....he looks at them with the eye of someone that expects a bit more and is used to more out of an AK.

The RAS is a gun built entirely for the American market....not a bad thing,just not what an AK is really supposed to be.

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
The average shooter won't have a problem with the RS or C39V2....he looks at them with the eye of someone that expects a bit more and is used to more out of an AK.

The RAS is a gun built entirely for the American market....not a bad thing,just not what an AK is really supposed to be.
WTF is he anyway? An Afrikaaner or Dutch Dutch? He never gives the other guy a chance to barely do anything before taking over. Personally a MAK90 (thumbhole) is my all time favorite; longer LOP and I can see through the sites very well compared to others.