Ccw instructor shot dead in ohio?

American Revival Apparel Company

Machi

Hunter
Mar 28, 2016
was their a CCW instructor who was recently shot and died from his wounds? I saw a link for that headline but didn't click it at the time now I can't find it.

Does anyone know if it was true?

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Yes. It was true. I don't have all the details. Sounds like during class a student negligently discharged a round, it went through a wall and struck the owner in the neck. Pronounced dead on the scene. I believe an assistance instructor was in front of the class and the owner was in the next room. Can't stress safety enough. No need for students to have ammo in the classroom, and no reason for them to have their guns out....especially if they haven't been properly cleared!

Feb 4, 2016
Yes a really unfortunate accident. Nothing but wishes for everyone involved.

Does anyone know if they were a member here

Last edited by a moderator:
D

David

[QUOTE="Ohio Gun Owner]
Does anyone know if they were a member here

[/QUOTE]
As far as I am aware they/he was not but its very possible to be a member and for me to not have any way of actually knowing.

Pretty tragic accident, gun safety and common sense can't be preached and practiced enough.

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
I don't remember even having live rounds during class! I'm really sorry for someone dying, but for an instructor allowing untrained students to have live ammo in their weapon during class just make no sense... I couldn't even imagine how the family of both feel, and how that person who accidentally pulled that trigger must feel... what a shame...