Howard Law

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Howdy kids.

I've just come into another vehicle and I need to build up a basic ghb for the trunk.

Currently, I only have some jumper cables and a basic first aid kit with matches a candle and some tools in it. Oh, and also a fixed blade Browning knife.

What else would you toss in for a bag that'll ride permanently in a car's trunk?

I'm adding a box with all fluids right now (trans fluid/oil/antifreeze/ps fluid/brake fluid).

Thanks!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Condom, rope and hacksaw.
Until recently, the Volvo had rubber gloves and paracord in the back. My wife said to take it out, or someone would probably call the cops. It was back there from a trip to Lowes to get some lumber and supplies for staining furniture, but looked a bit more ominous lol.

Reactions: Strider12

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I probably travel a lot more than you do on a regular basis, but my ghb is more like a bob. Though my work has me traveling all over the great state of Georgia so I ultimately have no idea where I may be if shtf. So I have the necessaries plus some extras.

Reactions: Laufen

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Howdy kids.

I've just come into another vehicle and I need to build up a basic ghb for the trunk.

Currently, I only have some jumper cables and a basic first aid kit with matches a candle and some tools in it. Oh, and also a fixed blade Browning knife.

What else would you toss in for a bag that'll ride permanently in a car's trunk?

I'm adding a box with all fluids right now (trans fluid/oil/antifreeze/ps fluid/brake fluid).

Thanks!

I just went through my bag the other day, I'll take pictures later today. I know I need to add some stuff. I look at it like this, I'm sure I'll be in the truck, if I'm away from home, so if I have to leave the truck, what do I need to get home?

Reactions: Cudruln and Laufen

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
You should probably put some of this in there just in case you find yourself in an all male shower situation, which I'm sure you have on occasion.

image.jpeg

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
After 9 hrs stuck 2 years ago on the road, I made a full on GHB. Water,food ,fire makers, hand warmers,body warmers,first aid. mags with ammo, tarp,TP, blankets,water filter,camel back

Reactions: Laufen and Cudruln

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
After 9 hrs stuck 2 years ago on the road, I made a full on GHB. Water,food ,fire makers, hand warmers,body warmers,first aid. mags with ammo, tarp,TP, blankets,water filter,camel back
I got lucky and was in town that day. Still took me ~8 to drive less than 10 miles.

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
sucked,walked the last mile home. Lots folks stranded and did not fair well. One guy from my work all night and he was diabetic. I called him after I got home told him I could now bring my 4x4 and get him,he said they blocked all ramps to 285 and were letting no one on or off.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Me and my buddy spent 8 hours that evening pulling people with our 4 wheelers. We helped a lot of folks out and had a blast doing it. About 10:00 the next morning we hopped in his jeep and headed to pick up one of his friends who had been stuck in his car all night near 285 & 78. He was behind a school bus and would only crank his car long enough to warm up because every time he did his car was sucking in the exhaust from the running bus. Dekalb police tried to stop us from going to get him, but we just drove on anyway, it was pretty clear they weren't going to chase us. Picked the guy up after spending about 18 hours in his car.

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Here is my GHB... After looking at the straps on my cheep bag, I might get a new bag, or take it to a sew shop, and have them re-sew the arm straps. what ever would cost less.
031.jpg

Reactions: Laufen and Cudruln

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I will go through my bag tomorrow to clean it out and snap some pics. I probably have entirely to much stuff.

Reactions: EugenFJR

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I will go through my bag tomorrow to clean it out and snap some pics. I probably have entirely to much stuff.

Please do, I wounder what all other people carry with them. Looking at my bag now, its kinda' a hybrid bug out/ get home bag... And if anyone has suggestions on something I might need in my bag feel free to let me know.

Reactions: Cudruln