Cannot start new topics

GA Firing Line

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I cannot start a new topic on any of the treads. I see the icon for only new poll and the rest, but just cannot start a new topic.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I pulled this from an old thread and then I made it into a new topic.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? It's important to find out what's causing it and if anyone else cannot start a new topic, please add a post to this one.

Thanks.

SkipD for the forum staff

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
If a few folks want to post new "Test" topics, that's fine. Please remove (delete) them, though. If y'all don't have access to a "remove" button, we mods will remove them.

Thanks.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Is every one else seeing the new topic icon at the top? All I have is New poll, notify,mark unread send this topic and print.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
davevabch said:
Is every one else seeing the new topic icon at the top? All I have is New poll, notify,mark unread send this topic and print.
I am guessing that you are trying to start a new topic when you have one open already. A topic is also known as a thread. You cannot start a new topic (thread) when you are inside one already.

Click on the Forum button at the top of the page. Then, click on any forum that you might want to start a new topic in. THEN, you should see "New Topic", "New Poll", "Notify", and "Mark Read" at the top of the forum section.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Skip, I cannot start a new thread. I also notice that I do not seem to have the standard reply and can only use quick reply. Must be something with my computer, I will keep working on it at this end.
thanks
Dave

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Can you log in to the forum via another computer? That way, any cookies, etc. that are on your main computer would not be affecting your access.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Ok, I think I found the answer. It seems I had to open a new browser. Something with Firefox was blocking. sorry to be a pain and thanks for the help skip.

regards
dave

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
davevabch said:
Ok, I think I found the answer. It seems I had to open a new browser. Something with Firefox was blocking. sorry to be a pain and thanks for the help skip.
No problem. I'm glad you solved the issue. I use Firefox every day and don't have any problem. Maybe you can find an entry in the various Firefox security files to tweak.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I don't use firefox, but it is still abrowser and will have to use temporary files, check your firefox and delete your temporary files. If you need help let me know and I will install firefox on one of my pc's and let you know my findings. Doesn't sound serious though.