Cannon Scout series lock change.

American Revival Apparel Company

Para13ellum

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
so this becons back to the site that shall not be named.

Changing out the keypad and lock body of a Cannon Scout series safe. After already discussing details with @SafeCracka I had the confidence to give it a go. Here in this pic heavy thread are the details of the installation.

Ok, first, here is what I am starting with.
image.jpg

And this is the SecuRam swipe that I'm going to attempt to install.
image.jpg

Reactions: Richard P. Musgrove

Para13ellum

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
Here is the factory lock body and retainer for the re-locker
image.jpg

Removal of lock body and retainer no issue. This is the old lock body and new one side by side. as well as new and old keypads. Removal of keypad was a matter of sliding the device to the right. Easy breezy, lemon squeezy.
image.jpg

Para13ellum

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
Here is where I ran into the only issue with the install.
The keypad mounting screws on the old keypad run horizontally. The new keypad requires vertical screws.
image.jpg

Para13ellum

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
Now as I'm sure you can see, there are predrilled holes for vertical screws. No go though. They are simple holes, not tapped. So off to Home Depot I go to find and buy the appropriate size tap. After purchasing an 8-32 tap, it is fun time.
Not a big deal, just tedious.
image.jpg

Para13ellum

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
Programming was a breeze using their included instructions. Tested it several times with a finger and with code before my very first test run. Not an issue. Works like a champ.

I have heard bad things about the keypads on factory Cannon safes. So now, that worry has been eliminated.

Thanks, Pops, for the new lock and thanks, SafeCracka, for the help.