Caldwell low profile headset stopped working.

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
My Caldwell low profile headset died last week and asked them about the warranty. I emailed their customer service and here is the reply I got:

Thank you for your email. Please field destroy the old low profile ear muffs and I will ship you a replacement . Please allow 7 to 10 business days for delivery.

Carl E####
Battenfeld Technologies

Wow talk about good customer service. Guess I will watch the mail and let you know what happends.

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
MidwayUSA, right? They have always had great customer service. I've been a Midway customer for more years than I care to remember, and one of the things that kept me coming back was their excellent CS.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I went to http://www.caldwellshooting.com and just sent a message to customer service via this website. Two days later I got this email saying to "field destroy" the ones I have now and the new ones will be here in 7 or so days. Not really sure what it means but I think I will be taking aim at them. ??? But... Think I will wait till the new ones come in, they still serve as hearing protection.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I had mine stop working after 9 months of use. I was pleased that Midway took care of the replacement with no hesitation despite their 1 month policy. It appears that Caldwell would have handled things just as effectively if the retailer would not.

Another testament for Caldwell and kudos to Midway for knowing their suppliers as well.

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
I think Larry Potterfield's son runs or owns Caldwell. If so the apple does not fall far from the tree! ;)

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Went home for lunch and a package was on my porch. They sent a new set of the low profile Caldwell headsets. Wow talk about great customer service. Its the same set except they upgraded it to have a headphone/speaker jack with cable included so you can plug in your cell phone or MP3 player and it won't disrupt the decimbal level of protection. That is a nice feature but when I am dealing with a loaded weapon I am not sure rockin to the oldies is such a good idea? Never the less I am very grateful for the way they have taken care of this issue for me. Salute to Battenfield +1 customer service.

Checked the tracking and my Fobus will be here this afternoon. 8)