Caldwell E-MAX electronic earmuffs failure

Faktory 47

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
My Christmas present Caldwell electronic earmuffs gave up after just 7 months of use. They are producing ear shattering feedback regardless of volume.

Replacement batteries had no impact. If I remember, more than a few of us bought these things from MidwayUSA at roughly the same time. Just curious if anyone else is having issues with theirs.

I've had no experience with Caldwell CS, but apparently they have a 1 year warranty. I'll probably test Midway's CS first. They've been easy to work with in the past and maybe the 8 months of use won't cause issues with an exchange.

Just have to see...

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Midway made it easy. They have a 90 day return policy, but with a phone call, it was stretched to 9 months for this exchange. None of the anticipated hassles.

The defective earmuffs got sent back today.

That's customer service!

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
mukwah said:
I've delt with Midwest for many years, fine people!

Same here. I'm a long time customer who has had to use their CS on two occasions. Both times things were handled without any difficulty, and to my satisfaction. It keeps me coming back to them.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Yeah, it's MidwayUSA. Thankfully.

Anticipation:

I really wasn't looking forward to the search and finding CS phone numbers, sitting on the phone with bad background music playing, taking the third degree on why the dang thing started crackling after 9 months, and then finding out it's already the next day with nothing resolved.

Reality:

Hi, this is my name and customer number. I bought these from MidwayUSA... they're in the 9th month of their year warranty. Would you be willing to help? Resolved... Three minutes... Tops!

And I understood what she was saying! :D

M

mukwah

Glad they helped so quickly! Customer Service is everything!