Bye, bye Bond Arms

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
The .410/.45 long Colt Bond Arms Snake Slayer in on sale at the local shop. Why? There is some detailed info on my self defense carry blog (sdcarry.blogspot.com) but the gist is the two-shot limitation is too onerous to overcome to rely on it as a main, or only, carry gun.

It is superbly well made and shoots awesome ammo, but reloading after two shots under stress is something I don't want to deal with. I could get it down to around five seconds, not under stress, if everything went right. When does that happen?

As an awesome hand-held .410 shotgun, it can't be beat. As a primary or only carry gun, it's not for me.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
Well, I thought it was a good idea at the time. I guess that's why Barbara thinks I can be hard headed! Now, it is back to the LCP and SR9c. I flirted with a Shield, but I think I will stay with the Ruger. It's such a sweet shooting 9 and it seems to fit my hand just right.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I think you have made a wise decision. There are other easily concealed options that will do the job and give you more than 2 chances.

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
True. That was always the elephant in the room. If I had been willing to carry the LCP as a constant back up for it, then it would have been ok. Not great, but ok. For a time I had it on top of a cabinet right by the front door. You had to be tall to reach it, which I am at 6' 3", so it would have been a good security weapon, but I'm always carrying anyway, so that would have been an expensive luxury.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Understood. I carried a .32 cal Derringer around for years as a BUG. I went .380 when the Ruger LCP showed up.