Bushmaster QRC Gas Block Question???

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
Alright guys, so i'm working on a friends Bushmaster QRC and i've ran into an issue. He supplied a handguard and the low profile gas block BUT the gas block is too big. Its the standard .750

Now heres the thing. Since that one was too big I just assumed it was the .625 BUT I have a BRD Engineering dimple jig with a .625 adapter and even that seems too big!

So my question, did bushmaster use some sort of an oddball size for the gas block? .590 maybe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Nolan -

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
does he have the old gas block?

Could measure it if he does.

Yea I actually look it off. It had a cut down front post from the factory on it.

I was going to measure it with my calipers but you know how it goes. When you need something it's nowhere to be found, haha.

I'm pretty sure it's just a .625 but I wanted to be certain before I had him order the wrong part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Gotcha. The factory one is pinned on correct?

What aftermarket one is he going with? Will it be as strong as a pinned one?

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
Gotcha. The factory one is pinned on correct?

What aftermarket one is he going with? Will it be as strong as a pinned one?

Correct, the factory one was pinned on and would definitely be the strongest. The issue with the factory one, and the reason I'm doing it now is because he ran into an issue. He damaged one of the pins trying to get it out, then tried grinding it to get it off so its more or less useless now.

He's going to get a set screw type, which will work out pretty well since I've got the BRD Dimple jig. Still won't be as strong as the pinned but it'll be pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Did you ever find anything out @NolansMindset ? I looked several times and couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere. .625 and .590 were both brought up but never confirmed.

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
Did you ever find anything out @NolansMindset ? I looked several times and couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere. .625 and .590 were both brought up but never confirmed.

Thats the same results I got when searching good ol google...... But I did end up finding my calipers and it measured .625 exactly so I had him order one. Still waiting on him to get it so I can try it out though.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Thats the same results I got when searching good ol google...... But I did end up finding my calipers and it measured .625 exactly so I had him order one. Still waiting on him to get it so I can try it out though.
Good to know. My dad has a Carbon 15 and I believe it has the same barrel.