BS News Story of the Day

American Revival Apparel Company

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Anyway, news story aside. Don't even read the link, it's bullshit. Yeah guns don't deter crime...just let tell someone getting raped or murdered..fuckl this.... http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/guns-dont-deter-crime-study-finds/ar-AAcDdis

A little PSA. Please for fucks sake, don't use the terms "gun crime", "gun violence", "gun marriage", etc in your everyday vernacular. They're fucking killing us with subliminal marketing, and it's ridiculous. It takes nothing more that some bullshit story with zero credibility, peppered with bullshit, anti-gun and anti-human rights catchphrases like "gun violence" "gun deaths" "gun murders" to implant this fucking bullshit into people's psyches.

Keep up the good fight, and for fucks sake don't use these bullshit terms.

Thanks.

From the office of Laufen.
ps, notice the reference to anti-gun being anti-human rights? That's because it fucking is. It's annoys the shit out of antis when I call them anti-human rights too.

IMG_0864.JPG

Reactions: Shemp

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Oh yea, well the FBI is "feels sick" over flubbing their duties to enforce background checks which lead to a criminal obtaining a gun and shooting up a church. Maybe it'll make the FBI feel better if we give them more laws.

Reactions: Laufen

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Figures lie and liers figure.

Woodstock

Tracker
Jun 29, 2015
Zip code
The core anti weasels are tireless, I'll give them credit for that.

But the vacuous assholes are either lying scheming dirtbags or shallow emotion led idiots;
kinda like angie harmon on tv begging for money "for the children". Her and their intentions may be good but it does little or nothing to really help.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I forget who posted this yesterday:

db4fe58e280234abd8bc84ecfb393b43.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Reactions: Shemp and Laufen

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Anyway, news story aside. Don't even read the link, it's bullshit. Yeah guns don't deter crime...]

And just how far did the crime rate drop in Kennesaw when they passed the "must have a gun" law? I don't feel like doing the research this early in the morning, but if I remember correctly, crime dropped significantly. And, @Laufen , I know you are not arguing the point that guns don't deter crime, just copied your post to make my point that they article (that on your suggestion, I did not read) is wrong.

Reactions: Mr. Goodbar

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
And just how far did the crime rate drop in Kennesaw when they passed the "must have a gun" law? I don't feel like doing the research this early in the morning, but if I remember correctly, crime dropped significantly. And, @Laufen , I know you are not arguing the point that guns don't deter crime, just copied your post to make my point that they article (that on your suggestion, I did not read) is wrong.
The point is that the study finds evidence that is unrelated to causation. "Guns don't deter crime" Ok, I'll buy that. Me, having a gun in the house isn't going to stop someone from breaking in..how could it. What it does do, is prevent that robbery from turning into a murder. That's the intention..not to prevent bad thoughts from entering the mind of a criminal, but to provide for my safety.

It was also suggested that "gun deaths" were higher in places with more guns. Sure, more good guys and more bad guys are probably killed via firearm if guys are more available. I'm also fairly certain auto accidents are more frequent in Atlanta than they are in the international space station. It's pretty much common sense, and none of that takes away from the fact that having a gun is someone is about to murder you is better that "taking what you're about to be given".

The whole point of these studies is to ignore the positives of gun ownership (more people's lives are saved via guns in places that have more guns), and focus on the fact that there is a counter point to that.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I dunno, but a correlation doesn't equal causation. Same with guns being allowed on MARTA. The claim was that blood would run in the streets if people could legally carry on the train. Fact is, violent crime has dropped a very small amount since the law passed. Does this mean guns have reduced crime? No, but it does show that there was not a huge spike in violent crime if the same citizens that are trusted to drive cars and perform heart surgeries can also carry a gun on a train.

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
The point is that the study finds evidence that is unrelated to causation. "Guns don't deter crime" Ok, I'll buy that. Me, having a gun in the house isn't going to stop someone from breaking in..how could it. What it does do, is prevent that robbery from turning into a murder. That's the intention..not to prevent bad thoughts from entering the mind of a criminal, but to provide for my safety.

I completely understand your point and am in no way arguing against it, but didn't Kennesaw (and I am sure some other places) prove that mandating gun ownership persuades burglars to rethink the homes that they are going to break into?

H

Hoss

Anyway, news story aside. Don't even read the link, it's bullshit. Yeah guns don't deter crime...just let tell someone getting raped or murdered..fuckl this.... http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/guns-dont-deter-crime-study-finds/ar-AAcDdis

A little PSA. Please for fucks sake, don't use the terms "gun crime", "gun violence", "gun marriage", etc in your everyday vernacular. They're fucking killing us with subliminal marketing, and it's ridiculous. It takes nothing more that some bullshit story with zero credibility, peppered with bullshit, anti-gun and anti-human rights catchphrases like "gun violence" "gun deaths" "gun murders" to implant this fucking bullshit into people's psyches.

Thanks.

ps, notice the reference to anti-gun being anti-human rights? That's because it fucking is. It's annoys the shit out of antis when I call them anti-human rights too.

View attachment 3108
How drunk were you when you typed this @Laufen ?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I completely understand your point and am in no way arguing against it, but didn't Kennesaw (and I am sure some other places) prove that mandating gun ownership persuades burglars to rethink the homes that they are going to break into?
Maybe, but it's not quantifiable and it's not the norm.

Brad sweet

Frontiersman
Jul 2, 2015

Thanks.

View attachment 3108
Cool..hows that beer?

Reactions: Laufen

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
It's the second best IPA I've had all year.
1st question... What IPA is that?

2nd question, if the anti gunners dont believe guns deter crime, why dont they post a sign in their lawn saying they are proud to be a gun free house?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
1st question... What IPA is that?

2nd question, if the anti gunners dont believe guns deter crime, why dont they post a sign in their lawn saying they are proud to be a gun free house?
Best so far is the Boulevard The Calling. It's right in the sweet spot with 8.5% abv and 75 IBU's.