Breaking news: ohio ccw holders get nics exemption

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store
D

david

david submitted a new blog post

Breaking News: Ohio CCW Holders Get NICS Exemption

Components-of-an-Employment-Background-Check-150x150.jpg

Today Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced that Ohioans who already have their CCW permit (one issued after March 23rd, 2015) are no longer required to submit to NICS background checks. This makes Ohio the 25th state to receive the distinction for its concealed handgun license holders.
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

JustinS

Customized Title
Jan 31, 2016
Awesome! Does not really help me out much since I renewed in December of 2014 but it'll come in handy for the next time I renew.

Great job Ohio!

D

David

Yeah unfortunately it won't help anyone with a CCW issued before March 23rd, but for others who run in to issues with holds it will help them out.

It'd be great if it helped with NFA items too but I think that is a completely different more drawn out process.

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
Well I guess that's one way to save a few minutes at your FFL when buying a firearm. I guess it's more helpful for the people who buy a lot and always get told to hold or whatever

MyWifeSaidYes

Hunter
May 18, 2016
Every now and then, the NICS system crashes. It was down for an entire weekend earlier this year.

And if your info is flagged for 'further review', it could take 10 minutes to get a human agent on the line. The same thing applies to folks that have set up a Voluntary Appeals File to prevent 'delay' responses...it still requires human intervention.

This fixes, or will eventually fix, all those issues.

Yes, you still have to fill out a 4473.