Brass is beautiful! ;-)

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
As requested from my earlier thread, and promised, here are some pictures for you:

Stag Model 3 plus/RRA varmint upper - 20" stainless steel bull barrel, delivered on Friday from JoeBob Outfitters as promised
DSC_8964.jpg

I treated myself to an early Christmas gift to help with the RRA upper and got some Lapua Match brass on sale at Brownells
DSC_9014.jpg

First range visit - unfortunately it was an indoor range,so limit was 25 yards. When I get the time, will travel to the boonies (one way is 60+ miles) to shoot at 100 yards or more
DSC_9016.jpg

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised that the AR 's POI was as close to center as it was, considering that when I mounted the red dot scope, all I did was visually check with the bore center, and adjust accordingly.

Also, took advantage of some Cyber Monday deals and ordered a Leupold 3-9 scope and mount for the new RRA upper. I'm a happy camper! :)

M

mukwah

Nice rifle Fred, Stag Arms makes very good products! The brass is beautiful, something about a bucket of brand new shiney brass!! :)

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Looking good. MY range is 3 miles away by drive and about 1.5 miles as the crow flies. 60 miles one way is a pretty good haul.

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
lws380 said:
Looking good. MY range is 3 miles away by drive and about 1.5 miles as the crow flies. 60 miles one way is a pretty good haul.

So, only 3 miles to the range? Well, Doug, I hope you have a spare bedroom, because as you read this I'm packing and heading out to move in with you! :D

My closest indoor range that allows rifle shooting is about 12 miles, and just opened recently. Thank goodness for that, as the other indoor range I use only allows pistols. As mentioned earlier, I unfortunately do have to travel just about 60 miles one-way to get to the closest outdoor range. What a bummer, especially with the higher than average gas prices in my neck of the woods.