Brand preference

Faktory 47

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
Do you buy guns by 1 or 2 manufactures because of who made and designed the gun?

I know many guys and girls carry glock because they are reliable and I owned one and sold it but could kick my self in the rump for letting it go. I know Springfield has a large following. Colt is a great gun but they are over priced for a gun. I know many of you carry Rugers and Taurus, and Smith and Wesson.

My First gun was a Smith and Wesson SD9VE good gun but heavy trigger and easy to clean, broke down like a glock to get cleaned, but apex makes an aftermarket trigger to bring the pull down from a 8lbs to 4lbs. I had a Henery 22 action lever rifle that I traded for a SCCY CPX-1 9mm pretty decent gun but the double action trigger with a safety was a bit much and I could never get the use to the trigger enough to carry it, the reset for the trigger was WAY back out so if I had to shoot multiple rounds I would be screwed, Sold that one. Purchased my Current Taurus PT111, love this gun and works great, reset it nice trigger easy to pull, cleaning is simple and goes bang every time I shoot. With over 400-500 rounds I have never had a problem.

Purchased a Glock Gen 4 19 a while later and LOVED this gun but needed some money and sold it. Its a great gun with a easy trigger, actuate as hell, and easy to clean. It was a tac driver really I could hit anything with it. I didn't use the backstraps but really do wish I kept the gun.

Now I am looking for a service weapon which will prob be a glock 19 gen 4, and my AR is on the way to me now.

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
It would be a shorter list for me if I listed the ones that were not on buy lists!:rolleyes:

Aimless1

Woodsman
Jan 20, 2013
NW Iowa
I do like my Remingtons and Rugers, but don't buy just for the brand. I like reliable, affordable guns. I research my purchases before I buy to avoid problems, and that has worked out well for me.

I'm not interested in listing my guns, but have a nice mix of manufacturers.

Reactions: 2 people

TayMan52

Scout
Jun 7, 2016
Philadelphia
Glock & springfield for me..... I'll probably be grabbing a Smith & Wesson Shield very soon.... I'm also lusting a for a sig..... & a kimber.... Smh, I think i caught the bug

- TayMan the Don

Sent via Tapatalk,
Samsung Galaxy S5

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
My collection of short guns includes two Glocks, one Beretta, three Rugers, three Smith & Wessons, one Walther, and one Colt. There's no special reason for the order of the listing.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
My choices for all firearm purchases are based on several things:
  • Do I like the way the firearm looks?
  • Do I think the firearm is well designed and built for the intended purpose?
  • Does the firearm fit me properly?
  • Is ammunition (or suitable components for quality handloading) readily available?
  • Can I afford the purchase(s)?
Sometimes I obtain a firearm with the intent of customizing it and then availability of parts and materials come into the decision.