Bought my 1st 1911

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Me and a buddy did the rounds today at a couple local gun shops. I found a lot of things I wanted, but really only found one thing that I just had to have. I have wanted a 1911 for a while and have been drooling over the SR1911 ever since it was released. Today I seen one on the rack and asked to see it. Problem is, I could not give it back. It was $670 plus tax. I don't know if that is a great deal or not, but she is mine. Now I need to find time to go shoot it. I have stockpiled about 1400 rounds of .45 lately. I don't think its going to be enough. As much fun as my XD is to shoot, I am betting this is going to be a blast.

M

mukwah

Congrats Bubba! Every gun lover needs a 1911 in the stable!

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Congrats, I think you got a great deal. My 2 LGS have had a $790 + fees price tag on the SR1911's (when they get 'em). You will absolutely love the 1911 format. Enjoy the new toy! I'm envious! Yogi 8)

R

rayzer007

Very happy for you Bubba; great gun at a great price - you done do'd real good! No such thing as buyer's remorse on this investment! ;) :)

Ray

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I've had buyers remorse before, but never on a firearm. This is only the 2nd or 3rd time I have seen the SR1911 in the local gun shops. They go FAST when they get them, and they only get 1 maybe 2 at a time.

jackjr

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
I'm sure you will enjoy the SR as it is a great pistol. I've had one for a while and enjoy it as much as any of our 11's. That sounded like a good price too.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
If you don't love it, I will buy it for what you paid for it. Am I looking for another SR1911? Nope. I am that sure you are going to love it.

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
As much fun as my Springfield XD is to shoot, I think I have a new favorite handgun. I put 100 rounds through it today and it shoots a heck of a lot better than I do. I tend to pull left with it just a little, but with a few more trips to the range I think I can pull them back in. It's definitely me, when I slowed down and did my job the gun was right on. Here is the first 15 rounds through the gun at about 15 yards.

R

rayzer007

Personally Bubba, I would be very happy with that target! ;)

Ray