Bootleg Adjustable BCG

Howard Law

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
well worth the money

I have a 14.5 midlength upper that was extremely gassy with my specwar (a known gassy can). Normally a bit of gas doesnt bother my, but this rifle gave me blurry eyes if I squeezed off a few shots in quick succession. I restricted the gas with a modified gas block, which helped, but didnt eliminate my gas issues even when choked to the point it wiuldnt cycle without the silencer. After a carbine class I had a big circle of carbon on my face from the gas blowback.

I picked up the Bootleg adjustable BCG months ago, but havent had a chance to test it. Last weekend I finally had that opportunity.
It works very well. It is adjustable with a small flat head through the ejection port. In the fully suppressed setting, brass was ejecting softly to the 2 oclock area. In the fully unsuppressed setting it was ejecting to the 5 oclock area. It made the rifle very pleasant to shoot. It cycled even with my relatively light handloads.
Im gonna toss it on my m16 to see how it handles automatic fire, as the original version wasnt rated for it but this one is.